2K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  ErikB 
#1 ·
Parts Mike

Rockstomper

Shaker

Avalanche

OTT

Sky Manufacturing

Like the title says. Which hysteer arms seem to hold up the best for a dana 44?

#4 ·
Did you switch to a different arm? What arms do you use now? I've seen several guy's here run Part Mike arms but don't know how well they hold up. I need arms in a bad way to go any further with my SAS and need input. I just want to buy a good set of arms that will last. Does anyone know how thick Parts Mike arms are? I know Shaker arms are 3/4" and that seems kinda skimpy for all the stress that big tires and off road use will put on them.

#7 ·
raptorman57 said:
Does anyone know how thick Parts Mike arms are? I know Shaker arms are 3/4" and that seems kinda skimpy for all the stress that big tires and off road use will put on them.
1.6" For a Parts Mike Super Arm.

#8 ·
skulltoy said:
I've ran my rockstomper arms all summer with 38.5's and hydroassist. Tore the hell outta my truck, but the arms are just as straight as the day I bought them.
How thick are Scott's arms? I know it's hard to tell online but Scott's and Shakers arm's look like the same thing.

#11 ·
Bigburlynakedguy said:
I can tell you that shaker arms do not! Three runs with 38's and mine is like a taco.

I just got off the phone with Scott @ Rockstomper and his arm's are 1 3/4" wide(where the most strength is needed) and 3/4" thick. I'm just about sold on the Rockstomper arms but for compaireson, how wide are Shakers arm's? Shakers arms are also 3/4" thick but if they are only 1",1 1/4" or 1 1/2" wide that is probly why they bent for Bigburlynakedguy.

#12 ·
ZUK said:
Got mine from AllPro....my tiny 36" TSLs don't strain them the least....my PS box almost tore off but that's another story. I got the Heim joint version and glad I did.
I didn't know All Pro made arms for dana knuckles. I looked on their site but didn't see them. Do you have a picture of them? What was the cost?

#16 ·
raptorman57 said:
Do you have a link to their site? I'm not sure where your talking about but would like to take a look at them. Or if you.ve got a picture and specs of your arms
couldn't find a good pic, here is an old one. Notice I had to run bolts and there is a half inch spacer under the arms. If you didn't need the spacer you wouldn't have to run bolts. Lift is the biggest issue with arms I think.

#19 ·
Thanks for all the info guy's. After calling around and talking with several companies about their arms I went with Rockstomper.

After talking with Scott for nearly 2 hours:eek: about the arms and several other thing's I bought his arms. I couldn't be happier to deal with such a nice guy. Next time I need something that Scott can help with I will call him first. He gave me several new ideas and I got a little convidence now that I am going in the right direction with my truck. Thank a bunch Scott.

#23 · (Edited)
Brandon said:
Got mine from Sean at RCD, think they come from that off road place in lincoln? Billet arms. I wish they had more lift but they seem stout..
TonyK @ Rock Equipment?

http://www.rockequipment.com/crossover.htm

I've got a Roggy arm. 1" thick. Only complaint is that its too thick to get a cotter pin on the stud very easily since the nut is out at the end of the stud... (but I can think of worse things to complain about!)

And I definitely agree that Scott @ Rockstomper is great to talk to! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.