Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, I am running 33x12.5 on 15x10 rims with a 3 inch body lift on a 1990 Toyota 4Runner. I am will be adding 5-5.5 inches of suspension lift when I go to do the solid axle swap (44044s and chevies). Should I go with a 35x12.50 or 37x12.50 MTR tire? I am not worried about having to break out the plasma cutter to do some trimming, but I can only trim about 1-1.5 inches off of the fenders. This thing should flex pretty good. Any ideas? I have to get the tires before I go to FL to do the swap.

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
You will be more than tall enough for 37".. and if you dont mind cutting.. then i think you just answered the question. And when you run out of fender to cut, there is pleanty of firewall and floorboard.

That is unless you would rather have 35" for better breaking and 0-60 times....

Garrett

·
Registered
986 Posts
1248bullitt said:
Go 37's if you have the gearing for them.

i agree with 1248bullitt:D

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
37's

bigger is better. just make sure your front axle can hang ...

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
I'm disagreeing...put the suspension lift on, ditch the body lift, then put the 35's on to save overstressing the drivetrain. You can go just about everywhere on 35's as you can on 37's and not have as much worry about breakage.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do the 35's. Having a Tilton Hilton isn't always the answer. A lot of our guys are taking off the body lifts for a better CG, and they get tired of fixing the holes in the floor that can be caused by a body lift!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I agree with removing the 3 inch body lift, and installing the one inch lift. By leaving the 3 inch you will be putting a lot of stress on your body mounts and botls. I have see some crazy things happen to 3 inch body lifts with weight behind them. But as far as tires go I would look into a set of 36 swampers TSL or SX they both work great off road. If radial is your thing they I might try to run the 37s on an 8 in wheel ( if you are catching the front or back of your finder, if the top is limiting you for some reason then go wider). With the cutting you should be able to flex it out with an 1 or 1.5 inch boy lift.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have 3" BL and 3" spring + 2" shackle and mount lift. No rubbing on my 87 4 runner with 37" MTR's. As far as the BL causing problems- I haven't seen any. I do have the poly bushings, though. I have had a truck with 3" BL and stock bushings and it felt like it was sitting on a peice of jello. Poly makes a huge difference and gives it a solid feel.

·
Registered
254 Posts
35's

I'd go with the 35's too. unless the rig doesn't see the street much. Those extra 2 inches will steal H.P. and slow braking...."smash!!"

·
Registered
10 Posts
i'd go with the 37's.they are an awesome tire,although i agree with the breakage aspects brought out by some of the other guys.toyota axles are pretty strong.unless you are running v-8 power i think you'd be suprised on how little you'd break.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
LOl i got a 3inch body lift and never had a problemn even jumped the heavy beast adn no damage guess i must be lucky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts