Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while doing my motor swap have a manual trans i pulled the trans lines from the res to the slave cylinder. So i have to bleed it now. i go to bleed it and im using a hose and bottle of dot3 fluid like i read to do and all the sudden i hear a leaking sound and it looks like it is coming from the slave? Has anyone ever had the slave go bad while bleeding? or is this normal i kept on bleeding but was not getting anywhere since the fluid was just pouring out the slave. If it is bad is it hard to change? are there any speciallty tools? and around how much do they go for? Is there a hi preformance one also? try too hook me up with some info guys you have got me along this far!!! and i love being a member of this club!!!:smokin:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vehicle is a 87 YJ. Slave cyl. was in the trans while i was bleeding it and just started pissin fluid out the 60clock position.

·
Dabbler
2,161 Posts
The 87 YJ has a throw-out collar slave unit. To replave it-you have to the pull the transmission away from the engine and slide on a new collar assembly. Lots of people change out to the newer-bell housing mounted type slave and arm.

It sounds like the slave diaphragm is ruptured.

Note: By trans lines I am assuming you mean master to slave lines.

Take off your inspcetion cover (plate on bellhousing) and see if you can visually see the leak-try a arm-mirror and flashlight. You might get lucking and find the fitting is broken and just squirting a pinsized spray pattern-but-unfortunately-its probably the rubber diaphragm and the tranny will have to come off to slide the new slave assembly over the input shaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts