Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm building a 87 turbo runner minus the turbo bought the truck for three hundred bucks with no rust. It had a cracked head, so I replaced it with a 22re head it ran for all of ten minutes the turbo seals are bad and it pumped all the water from the radiator into the oilpan. So I am pulling the motor and I plan to order new re pistons, A cam and rebuild kit from enginebuilder. I allready have the header to replace the turbo manifold and we will see how it runs. The truck has an auto trans But since I'm not going to be done with it by my orginal goal due to the motor probs, I have decided to pull the auto and put a five speed with dual cases in it. This will be a slow build as budget is tight right now. Also got some shity working conditions are old house sold faster than expected so we are staying at my wifes parents till our new house is finished and I'm working out of a tent building as you will see in the pics, atleast I have somewhere to work on it. Enjoy and flame on.:flipoff2:

The done list.
1. Did a 13" bob on the rear
2. Half doors
3. 04 Civic Si seats
4. Made mount for rear seat for my little one
5. Riased gas tank 3"s
6. Swaped out rear springs for S-10 rears on a six inch shackle
7. Removed ifs
8. Shave drain plug front
9. Gusseted steering stops, knuckle balls and housing

The do list.
1. Finish sas with RUF
2. 5.29's and locker for v6/turbo rear (going in front)
3. 5.29's welded diff (rear)
4. Rear disc conversion
5. taco rotors and ifs hubs on front
6. 27 spline chromo longs
7. Flat belly
8. cage
9. dove tail front and maybe rear
10. Make sliders
11. bumpers
12. winch
13. Weld on beadlocks (have 15x12 wheels)
14. 37's or 38's (on 35's now)

Here's some crap cell phone pics since my digital took a shit.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
pics of the raised gas tank? by gas tank skid is being held on by about 4 bolts.

·
Registered
233 Posts
looks good so far i like the civic seats and the half doors look killer

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not that white trash but my last couple projects had no set budget and this one does. I will get some shots of the gas tank today, Because I am leaving the 3" bodylift in it was easy to raise it. Progress from yesterday I went and borrowed this

And got all the rest of the ifs junk cut out. I built my new front spring hanger and got it welded in.

Mocked up my springs and cut out the frame for shackle tubes.

Considering the end of the pitman arm is about the 1.5" from axle center line, I will be moving the steering box way forward. I ran out of gas in the welder so ended up stoping early and spending some extra time with my little bit.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't get much done today due to I got a nail in one of my tires on the DD, had to take it to my buddys shop and break it down and put a mushroom plug in it.

all better.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a couple shots of the gas tank raise the first is a side shot that shows the tank is only 3/4" below the frame rail. The second shows the clearance between the top of the tank and the body. The third is a shot of the factory bracket cut and rewelded. The front of the tank now rides on top of the the factory bracket. This only worked because of the body lift, without the 3" body lift it would require major reconstruction of the floor.

I must not be yery popular with so many views and so few comments, does this build suck?

·
Registered
17 Posts
looks like its coming along, nice dodge, not bad for a dd except the fact that gas is a fauking rip-off. im thinking about turning black and syphoning all my neighbors tanks.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
looks like its coming along, nice dodge, not bad for a dd except the fact that gas is a fauking rip-off. im thinking about turning black and winning the douche bag of the month award

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dodge has a 2" leveling kit and a 3" body all installed by previos owner it had 35 thorn tirds on it, two weeks after I got it I put boggers on it. When those wore out last year I did alot of research and ended up choosing the mud grapplers 35/12.50 on 18x10 Eagles. Big enough to be bling but not so big that it looks ghetto. And yes gas sucks it gets 9mpg average 6 while towing with the 360 and five speed.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Youre a fawking retard, congratulations on dicking up this thread with your closed minded attitude.

Dane

1 - 20 of 185 Posts