Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curosity...who all builds them, what do they build...1, 2, 3, 4 seaters...and how about their website...what kind of prices do they have, where are they located? (Let's keep the "paparazi nailed it again" guy out of here :laughing:)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew there was a thread...yep I searched too...just didn't look hard enough

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well cosidering 1/2 the stuff in there isn't around anymore lets redo this thread...

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
As far as bare, production chassis, the following companies make em.. I'm sure there's more but that's just off the top of my head.

Hendrix Motorsports
Jimmy's 4x4
BlueTorch Fab
Shaffers Offroad
Poison Spyder Customs
Campbell Enterprises

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
www.twistedcustoms.biz

As to your post what are you looking for? If you're looking competition buggy I'd go with Twisted Customs for a 2-seater or Cambell for a Moon Buggy.

If you're going recreational there's a lot of options out there, and in general it seems you get what you pay for. The above mentioned shops though can build sick-ass trail rigs as well, and [ferris bueller impression] if you have the means I highly suggest picking one up. [/ferris bueller impression]

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If all else fails...I'll build one...I really like the 100 proof(rock racer)

basically I've got all these parts
Built 355 chevy crate engine
Built TH350
FJ-80(Bigger Toyota) Axles
and some other goodies I don't want to finish this b/c I'm wanting a buggy now
Sorry for the shitty pic.....do I finish the truck or go buggy
Run-down on the truck
42" TSL
recentered H1's
355 Crate
th350
FJ-80 axles(e-locked, disc braked front and rear, full float rear)
3-linked rear
4-link front
26" to the frame rail
back-halved..

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
You have it Finish it. Buggies are nice but sometimes I wish I had a truck back. Finish it, Wheel it. Beat it all to shit then build a buggy and swap all your parts.

Toddy

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
if you are in nc, you need to call jim's garage. top notch work, better value. pm me if you want the number. it would be worth the call.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Badlands. Just about anything Jesse does. I've seen more innovative tricks that Jesse has done on rigs over the years than anyone else.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
if you are in nc, you need to call jim's garage. top notch work, better value. pm me if you want the number. it would be worth the call.
Isn't that the place that did Bigwoody's chassis? There is another like it getting built on another site and it looks like top knotch work.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Isn't that the place that did Bigwoody's chassis? There is another like it getting built on another site and it looks like top knotch work.
yup...and he's got a featured rig in Crawl this month that he built as well (Appalachian Devil). He's recently built a 4seat also and is working on a bigger trail rig now, wider, longer with an LS1,203/205,rockwells. It's slick as hell. Oh yeah and did I mention he's a fraction of the "big name" prices. He's a one man show working out of his garage in NC.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Adam Woodlee and Brian Cole both do great work and are pretty close to you, dont think they have any production chassis though, so you would need to give them a design.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts