Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know who carries Matco locally?

I need a 15mm Pro-Swing™ Wrench. Its a cool, internally ratcheting box end wrench. I borrowed one to get to a pesky bolt on my tranny but I can't find anyone that sells them.

The guy said get it at "Lowes" but folsom Lowes don't carry Matco.

tnx,

- Dan

·
Registered
201 Posts
As far as I know Matco is Truck only like SnapOn and Mac.

Call them and ask for a local dist. 866-BUY-TOOL

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Matco tools suck IMO

but i do know what your talking about and yes i own them, its the only Matco i have ever been happy with, for other people, these wrenchs are about the same size as your Standard wrench (read that a 15mm is the same size as a 15 mm crapsman) but they have a ratchet fuction, these are not like the "other" ratcht wrenchs that are just to big to live with, the matco ones you can not switch dircetion of the ratchet ie no button, you just have to turn it upside down,
these are stong as well, i have put 3 foot braker bars on it and still only have one bent one, but never broke a ratchet.

they cost (last guess) like 200-250 bones for a 10-19mm set, same for SAE as well

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you're really wanting to spend that much on a wrench, go with Mac. Mac is by far the better tool. We have nothing but snap-on here at work, i'd take a Mac anyday of the week over a snap-on. Just my opinion though. Hell most people swear by craftsman (trying not to laugh here), to each his own i guess.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
its just Mac and snap do not sell this kind

also i forgot to add, the only place you can buy em is from a Matco truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts