Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Silverado that was crashed on 10/13. Still waiting on a radiator support from GM. On an escalated SPAC case but still nothing. Might ship from source to shipping facility the week of 1/27 but I'm not holding my breath. GM Customer Service won't return my calls.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 2019 Silverado that was crashed on 10/13. Still waiting on a radiator support from GM. On an escalated SPAC case but still nothing. Might ship from source to shipping facility the week of 1/27 but I'm not holding my breath. GM Customer Service won't return my calls.
GM sucks. Their customer service sucks. Sorry you are having to experience their suck first hand

·
Non-Lemming
78,530 Posts

·
Non-Lemming
78,530 Posts
I believe last shares of Gov't owned GM was sold off 7 years ago, update your brain...But they still suck for the most part...
True, on both accounts.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
I believe last shares of Gov't owned GM was sold off 7 years ago, update your brain...But they still suck for the most part...
Yep, GM haters can't let go of the govt thing. As much as the strike sucks, I'm not for the unions bleeding every company dry either. I wish they hadn't caved as much as they did.

The Unions are a big part of why they needed the gov't money.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts

It’s not only GM that has those issues. Unfortunately, there is someone with any given brand that is waiting months for parts. It also seems like all customer service sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Parts have been an absolute train wreck. No eta on anything and stuck shipping parts in from all over the country. Real fucking good for cycle time.

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
I think I may have seen a headline about it, accompanied by the obligatory how much the CEO is paid story

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Parts have been an absolute train wreck. No eta on anything and stuck shipping parts in from all over the country. Real fucking good for cycle time.
I don't pay too much attention to cycle time. Bean counters annoy me but I don't give them much importance.

$9500 Worth of parts on this job. Everything is here except the first part I need first.

Metlife pulled his rental. Trying to get in touch with GM and see if they'll help the guy out but no luck so far.

Speaking of insurance companies, had the same thing going on with another 2019 Chevy truck. Waited 3 weeks past his 30 day rental allowance for a headlight. USAA paid for the extra weeks of rental.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
This crap has been going on since the big bailout. It's easier for me to get parts for a 51 year old truck than it is for a 20 year old. When GM bk'd they left all of their suppliers holding the bag. Guess who won't sell anything to GM anymore, and as a result they've been strugglin' since. It's just getting worse, BUT those private planes and resort trips don't stop even though Epsteins dead. BTW he didn't kill himself

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
I am not, but we are a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram store. :flipoff2:
Awesome, good buddy bought a new 19 ram diesel and the trans went out a month and a half ago, can you call your parts guy and have them send a trans to KS? It is sitting apart at the dealer

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
This crap has been going on since the big bailout. It's easier for me to get parts for a 51 year old truck than it is for a 20 year old. When GM bk'd they left all of their suppliers holding the bag. Guess who won't sell anything to GM anymore, and as a result they've been strugglin' since. It's just getting worse, BUT those private planes and resort trips don't stop even though Epsteins dead. BTW he didn't kill himself
it's not a matter of who won't sell, it's who else had to go out of business and simply doesn't exist anymore.

several local suppliers here had to enter bankruptcy themselves, or significantly cut their workforce, after GM fucked them out of account receivables for like 90 days worth of parts.

some of them never came back.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Does that qualify you for lemon law status in your state. I thought they have a 30 day window in most states to get a vehicle fixed?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts