Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not the Watts, it will be for a mud race truck, I want to say its something like the lower links go from front to axle and the upper go from the rear to the axle..

I know its used on late model dirt track cars, somebody was talking to me about it but I didn't follow what he was saying..

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is sorta what I had in mind, in the rear I would assume that the lowers would go forward and the uppers would come in from the back. I would guess that triangulation would be difficult at best.

Possibly a

/ \
/\

Arrangement... This is going to be a high speed ride over a horseshoe shaped track that is normally very rutted up.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
FWIW I don't think there would be any problem using my 4-link calculator to mess with it. Everything SHOULD still work (but I haven't checked it all).

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Triaged said:
FWIW I don't think there would be any problem using my 4-link calculator to mess with it. Everything SHOULD still work (but I haven't checked it all).
I still need to get my Jeep up on the scales to find my new COG then I plan to work with your calculator a bit.. I know you put a good bit of work into that thing!

I may do some playing and see if I can do a trial run of the Z link on it!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I can't believe Skyjacker is using that in the front! There is an incredible amount of caster change with that style suspension.

In the rear it has a lot of advantages for specialized (non crawling) applications, like having all the links in tension, so you can make them smaller and lighter.
Having the rear axle move straight up and down instead of in an arc( especially for decoupled rear suspensions.
Different possibilities for how anti features change as the suspension moves etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts