Pirate 4x4 banner

Who has done 7MTGE swap to 1st Gen 4Runner?

7K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  SuperRunner 
Interesting... He use a W58 bellhouding and a W56 transmission. The main concern for me is that SuperRunner has pretty much proven that a W56 tranny isn't up to the task of handling that much power by destroying two of them.

This swap pretty much requires the R151 transmission unless you leave the motor bone stock, and there's no way I'd be able to do that to a motor whichi so easy to wake up. ;)

A couple easy bolt-on sesions will easily pull 250-300 HP out of this motor... Some more extensive work on the turbocharger's intercooler an other related parts, along with upgrading injectors and swapping in a Lexus AFM to provide the extra air & fuel, etc, etc, will put you up into the 400Hp neighborhood.

There's lots of good info on building a 7MGTE to be found on www.supraforums.com

This webpage has the HP and torque specs for all of the Supra motors:
http://www.toyota-supra-celica-specs.com/Supra-Specs.html

Personally I'd like a 7M-GE. I know if I throw a turbo one under the hood, I'm goona be upgrading some drivetrain parts, since I couldn't stop myself from upgrading the motor.

SuperRunner, if I wanted to run a 7M-GE and a W56 transmission, what would be required to mate the two? I assume the bellhousing you pictured above is simply the front half of the supra bellhousing and the back half of the W56's welded together>

How did you figure out the length, and keep the input shaft square to the crank? What whould I be using for a clutch in this thing? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.