Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been there plenty, but not for over a year.

What is the story with the trails? I heard some may be impassible now due to erosion and some may be close for deer hunting.

I am planning a day run to McCallister Hill in Oct and want to make sure all is well before I make the trek.

Thanks.....

·
Premium Member
13,267 Posts
I have (do), but honestly its been a while. Dont know about the erosion, but the "hunting season" makes sense.... anywere around this area with exception to Gilmer. To many criss-crosses onto private land, and as you know hunting here is #1..... i never went to Poteau/Clayton/Disney during hunting season because-

1- i hunt during hunting season

2- i know how folks are around these parts with hunting... very easy to get shot at by some pissed off old man

either way, i too would like more info on this subject.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Beefy & crew went a few weekends ago (my chit wasn't finished so I didn't make it) but I heard no stories of places they couldn't go...

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I havent been in over a year also but have heard of peoples run stories. From what i hear Anaconda is impassable, to much erosion. And i heard that Transfer Case is getting very bad. I winched twice on it last year. This year i heard about 7 out of 8 rigs winched. The only rig not to winch was a comp. guy thats been wheelin' for 40 somethin years.

I even heard that Panel Wagons' final rock crawl is just flat out sick now. Its all eatin up and just washed out. I drove out of 2 near roll overs in that area.

Grassy is about the same. Not much there, still steep and long.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P&T Jeeps said:
Beefy & crew went a few weekends ago (my chit wasn't finished so I didn't make it) but I heard no stories of places they couldn't go...
I will call Beefy today....need to get polished up on my ******* so I can understand him.

:D

·
Registered
509 Posts
i was there two weeks ago. depending on how you drive and what build it is. you should be able to make it. transfer case is bad but it is still passable there were a few that made it. I did not have time to do Anaconda so i do not know. Panel Wagon is a cake walk. grassy is still fun but i made it clean on the first try. and I am no pro by any means. Axle breaker is still fun and a challange.
I'd say it will be a good run for you. let me know when and i may be able to meet you over there

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
What trail are you guys calling anaconda...is that North Trail...on the other side of the hill. Also grassy....I think thats one we call TV Cable line..to the right side (going up) of axle breaker, right??

·
Registered
509 Posts
grassy is the optional exit of of cable tv if you go to the right insead of taking cable tv hill exit

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Killerpee said:
What trail are you guys calling anaconda...is that North Trail...on the other side of the hill. Also grassy....I think thats one we call TV Cable line..to the right side (going up) of axle breaker, right??
yes thats the trail. Ive heard it being called North Face or North Trail and Anaconda.

·
Registered
226 Posts
wngrog said:
Got all this Shane?

What's Shane got to do with this? :confused:

He's not lead'n is he? Maybe if I get lost... :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Are you keeping any sort of track as to who's gonna be in Poteau for out C.H.I. run?

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Yes, I have wheeled there a few times. Unforgiving area. I don't know that anything is closed right now. There is a shop in Ft. Smith (come getcha some?) or call Wagner Machine as they are all close to the area and might have a little more info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts