Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to ditch my edelbrock 1406 for a MC2100, is it really worth the swap? It cant be any worse on inclines than my Edelbrock but Id like first hand experience.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i flopped my jeep once with a 2100 and had to shut off the ignition cause it was still running. it came from a guy on e-bay that puts all the spring loaded stuff in so it can do that. i got it from someone that was going FI along with an HEI for cheap

EDIT: i dont have a 360 but the carb is great offroad my step-dad has a 2150 on his 304 built from the same guy and there is no difference in angles it can do from the 2100. i'll see if i can find him tommorrow. he called him and told him the v-8's respond better to the 2150

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i flopped my jeep once with a 2100 and had to shut off the ignition cause it was still running. it came from a guy on e-bay that puts all the spring loaded stuff in so it can do that. i got it from someone that was going FI along with an HEI for cheap

EDIT: i dont have a 360 but the carb is great offroad my step-dad has a 2150 on his 304 built from the same guy and there is no difference in angles it can do from the 2100. i'll see if i can find him tommorrow. he called him and told him the v-8's respond better to the 2150
Id love to get in touch with this guy.
Does anyone know off hand if the MC2100 will bolt to a Edelbrock Performer intake without the adapter?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Id love to get in touch with this guy.
Does anyone know off hand if the MC2100 will bolt to a Edelbrock Performer intake without the adapter?
this is the guy. it says for 258/4.2 in the title but in the description he states "If you have the 232, 302, 304, 360, etc... I can set one up special for you. This upgrade will improve idle, response, starting, cold starting, acceleration, and MPG." i guess its just a matter of talking, calling, or e-mailing him

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MotorCraft-2100-2150-JEEP-AMC-Carb-Upgrade-258-4-2_W0QQitemZ220222607883QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33550QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: when my step-dad did his he suggested that he upgraded the ignition with the larger cap, rotor, and an e-coil. i'll find mor info on this but if you want search "TFI upgrade" on jeepsunlimited

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Yep

They do work well. My comment was to point out that the Performer intake is for a 4bbl and that the MC2100 is a two barrel...so I thought it would be self evident that an adpater is needed.

A junk yard TBI swap is worth considering. Not that hard at all. You'd need stuff from a TBI 350. An adapter available from Transdapt and others. An electric fuel pump.

Binderbulletin has pretty good writeups about this.
________
Cams live

1 - 10 of 10 Posts