Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Yeah, I saw him at the MAR. Not a real talkative guy though. I was wondering about the axles. He told me he's running Chevy 1 Ton axles under there.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
RoverDan said:
Yeah, I saw him at the MAR. Not a real talkative guy though. I was wondering about the axles. He told me he's running Chevy 1 Ton axles under there.

Dan
Forgive my ignorance (not really any 1 ton chevy's in Oz) but what are 1-ton axles - D44 or D60? I would guess D44???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
ISUZUROVER said:
Forgive my ignorance (not really any 1 ton chevy's in Oz) but what are 1-ton axles - D44 or D60? I would guess D44???
That depends...

99% of Chevy 1 tons are D60 front and 14 bolt rear. If you go way back you can find some 44 fronts and some other rears.

Chances are that's got a D60 in the front.

Pretty small tires for that amount of axle...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
it my truck, what do you want to know?
its got a dana 60 front from a chevy pickup thats been narrowed about 4 inches of the drives side. has 35 spline inners and still 30 on the outers and 4.56 with detriot (i know not the best front locker but it is what i had handy)

the rear axle is an eaton that has been flipped for ps offset. running 14 bolt detroit locker 30 spline axles and disc brake conversion.

the truck was a 93lwb that came from a junkyard. it now has a new 4.0 motor. lt230 t case that has been converted to part time. 5 inch sup. lift and 2 inch body lift. 37 inch bfg muds. kept the radius arms upfront and added heim jointed trailing arms in the rear. the body was cut up in an effort to remove weight and sheet metal that could get damaged. i sometimes think it is ugly to, but it sure has been fun to wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
40s

someone who was there told me it was running around on 40+ inch boggers, but Ive seen no pictures of it, and those aint 40s . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
What a sweet and ridiculously cool ride, please post up some more more photos if possible.

lurk on junkie....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
ROVER JUNKIE said:
it my truck, what do you want to know?
its got a dana 60 front from a chevy pickup thats been narrowed about 4 inches of the drives side. has 35 spline inners and still 30 on the outers and 4.56 with detriot (i know not the best front locker but it is what i had handy)

the rear axle is an eaton that has been flipped for ps offset. running 14 bolt detroit locker 30 spline axles and disc brake conversion.

the truck was a 93lwb that came from a junkyard. it now has a new 4.0 motor. lt230 t case that has been converted to part time. 5 inch sup. lift and 2 inch body lift. 37 inch bfg muds. kept the radius arms upfront and added heim jointed trailing arms in the rear. the body was cut up in an effort to remove weight and sheet metal that could get damaged. i sometimes think it is ugly to, but it sure has been fun to wheel.
Eatons! Yah baby. Sweet rig. Fugly but it's cool.

Those 37's look tiny....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
I saw it at MAR, looked kind of hacked to me. Cool idea, but not the way I would personally exectute it.

Junkie- were you part of Camp Git R Done?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,707 Posts
" looked kind of hacked to me."

The bodywork yes, but the suspension was done very well.

I think I would have cut the body a little differently, a custom panel behind the door on either side would probably clean it up.

Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Junkie- were you part of Camp Git R Done?[/QUOTE]
no but i saw the rr they had cut as well. Frank had his disco with back cut off it as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
I'm sure just shedding some weight must help to a certain degree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
pendy said:
One of my old customers is going to this camp now, up in Maine.
Gary Enicke is his name. No fancy axle conversion though. He is afraid of open knuckle.

JP

Where in Maine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,882 Posts
Bertha the Cruiser said:
Where in Maine?
I'm surprised you don't know him - Are you guys like 500 in that state?

:flipoff2: :grinpimp: :fj:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,436 Posts
pendy said:
One of my old customers is going to this camp now, up in Maine.
Gary Enicke is his name. No fancy axle conversion though. He is afraid of open knuckle.

JP
Talk about Fugly! I think if I did that I would just tube the rear-end Toy-Style. That way you could stuff some real tires under there. Been thinking about this for a while. Just might have to take the plunge soon! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
HandBuilt said:
I'm surprised you don't know him - Are you guys like 500 in that state?

:flipoff2: :grinpimp: :fj:
Dude...Curling is your national pastime....and what the hell is Boxing day? :flipoff2: :D
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top