Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the opinions on the Geolanders? They kind of look like a good tire but you don't see them very often. Is it because they suck? Give some feedback. Thanks.

Nick

·
Registered
67 Posts
Goe's

Great Tire.
They have very good wear characteristics and are great in snow and ice. I had 2 sets of the at's and loved them. The MT's are supposed to grip like crazy and still remain fairly quiet. (for a mud tire) Great looks 2.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i had the 35x12.5-15's on my blazer.. work exelent. nice sticky rubber, i also had them siped, worked awesome in snow/ice..
the only weak point i can think of is that they seemed to have a realy soft sidewall, they air down verry nice, i got a verry good bulge at 15 psi, but i dont know how well they would hold up on jaged sharp rocks.
they rid verry good, none of the 5 of them took more than 2 oz to ballance. if you want one for a spare, they are directional, i recomend mounting it as a passenger tire, since it seems about 80% of the flats seem to be on that side.

for a dirver/ trail rig, i highly recomend them

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
according to the yoko rep i talked to, the at is a very good tire which has alot alot like a cross-between all terrain and mud terrain. Their mud terrain is made to be a tire for off road only, and wouldnt work well for a daily driver, as the expected tread lift is around 10-15,000 miles. He in effect told me that if i need a true mud tire, i would be better off going with a bfg mud because of how many miles i drive.

Garrett

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hick said:
Their mud terrain is made to be a tire for off road only, and wouldnt work well for a daily driver, as the expected tread lift is around 10-15,000 miles.Garrett
funny i had well over 30k miles on them w/ a heavy diesel blazer, locked front and rear, and they still had atleast 25-30% left.

yes they are soft, but sticky..
i imagine on a lighter rig esp if it doesnt have lockers , youd get better tread life.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
huh, guess the guy at the off road expo didnt know how long they would last.. he told me they would like 10k under a 3500 lb jeep :flipoff2: I was wondering how in the heck they ever sold any.

Garrett

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have owned about 5 sets of the Mt's and 3 sets of the at's ( I work for Yokohama and get a good discount!) I love the Mt's for an everyday driver they are great on the highway especially when it is raining. I air them down to 12 psi offroad with no problems even shoving rocks into their puny 2 ply sidewall.

The at's are a great all around tire also.

The only complaint I have on the mt's are traction on packed snow due to no siping and the fact that you will be lucky to get 20-25K on them.

Shay

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
I really like mine. Very soft rubber, gets chunked up on razor rock some (self siping) For a light vehicle I think they are great, mine are wearing pretty fast though - trail only use

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
awesome tires. take a look at just about any VW baja bug you see running around. They all run em, including myself. perfect MT for a baja bug/sand rail. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts