Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Theoretically Fox does, but it looks like they are actually 18.8" when totally extended.
PN 980-99-120-A and 980-121-A

I swear I have seen a bug with Kings on it, but I have not seen any advertisments. Saw either. Radflow???
I like the FOA shocks but am nailed by the 2" OD only requirement.
Ideas? Sources?

Here is the rule book..
SCR10 Shock Absorbers and Bump Stops
Only one shock per wheel is allowed. Stock front shock mounts must be
utilized. Shock mounting bolts may be changed to a maximum of 1/2 in diameter.
Any manufacture shock allowed with 2.0” maximum outside diameter. Rear
shock must not have an extended length longer than 18”, center of mounting hole
to center of mounting hole. Cooling fins and/or reservoirs allowed. No air shocks
or coil over shocks allowed. No hydraulic bump stops allowed. No bypass shocks
allowed."

(BTW, this is going on a Class 11 off road race bug...)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
"shock must not have an extended length longer than 18”, center of mounting hole to center of mounting hole "

that's not the same as the overall extended length listed by manufacturers...

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Get one slightly longer and install a small spacer to keep it from extending as far? Just like they do with air bumps to shorten them.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Seems like it would not be too difficult to internally limit the shock travel to meet this requirement. You will probably have the shock apart for valving adjustments anyway right?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the problem with reducing the stroke internally on the shock is that you lose total shock throw in the process. i.e a 24" shock limited to only 18" of extension will have 6" of extra tube. That extra tube would limit the throw of the shock.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Im pretty sure that fox and few other companys make specific class 11 shock. Might have some better luck giving them a call.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I was just going to recomend the Fox class11 specific shocks, they are completely optimized for class11 and need pretty much no tunning out of the box. Call Dez Nation or Poly Performance and they'll get you taken care of.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I was just going to recomend the Fox class11 specific shocks, they are completely optimized for class11 and need pretty much no tunning out of the box. Call Dez Nation or Poly Performance and they'll get you taken care of.
Yes, FOX makes the Class 11 shock you are looking for. I don't have the part # in front of me but can post it tomorrow. Give us a call and we can get you hooked up on a set.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, FOX makes the Class 11 shock you are looking for. I don't have the part # in front of me but can post it tomorrow. Give us a call and we can get you hooked up on a set.
Theoretically Fox does, but it looks like they are actually 18.8" when totally extended.
PN 980-99-120-A and 980-121-A
;)

I'll give you a ring tomorrow amigo..

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
;)

I'll give you a ring tomorrow amigo...
Class 11 FOX Shocks---->

Front:
Part # FOX-908-99-120-A
Description: 2.0" X 6.5" Remote Reservoir
Collapsed Length: 12.50"
Extended Length: 18.90"
Travel: 6.40"

Rear:
Part # FOX-908-99-121-A
Description: 2.0" X 5.0" Remote Reservoir
Collapsed Length: 10.65"
Extended Length: 15.65"
Travel: 5.00"

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Class 11 FOX Shocks---->

Front:
Part # FOX-908-99-120-A
Description: 2.0" X 6.5" Remote Reservoir
Collapsed Length: 12.50"
Extended Length: 18.90"
Travel: 6.40"

Rear:
Part # FOX-908-99-121-A
Description: 2.0" X 5.0" Remote Reservoir
Collapsed Length: 10.65"
Extended Length: 15.65"
Travel: 5.00"

I called and talked to Stephen (I think :confused: )
He was going to see if they were available/cost and call me back.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I've heard of a few people welding the top eyelet to the side of the body and making a 10" stroke shock work this way, since it's would still technically be 18" eye to eye extended. it's just a thought if you wanted to get that little edge.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard of a few people welding the top eyelet to the side of the body and making a 10" stroke shock work this way, since it's would still technically be 18" eye to eye extended. it's just a thought if you wanted to get that little edge.
Nah.. The available wheel travel does not warrant that, and it would be basicaly cheating..

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
but you get a bigger shock so it'll hold more oil so it will fade less, and you can make an internal bumpstop in there, and it's just bending the rules, not exactly cheating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts