Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a company that can make a custom pitman arm for my rig. I just need the tapered splines put in the one end and I will do the rest. I have been trying to get ahold of C&R for about a month now but I never get any answer or any returned calls and I am running out of time. Anyone have any other ideas? Heres what I am planning on doing with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok... I will try calling him some more. We are trying to get the jeep finished up for the cal rocs comp in a few weeks.

I would much rather have billet. I am a good welder but not good enough to trust my life with it. There is also A LOT more load on this pitman arm then a normal vehicle.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Hangtown extreme has these in stock as well as c&r

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GubNi said:
Just get a stock arm that doesn't have any drop and cut off the drag link arm and you'll have something like your pic.

All the ones I have don't have enough meat to drill and tap a 3/4" or even a 7/8" hole in them.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
rockcrawln said:
All the ones I have don't have enough meat to drill and tap a 3/4" or even a 7/8" hole in them.
Custom pitman arms are not that hard to build.

Grab an arm that has the right splines, hack it off, have it turned down on the OD to slightly over 2", holesaw a 2" hole in your chunk of pitman arm shaped steel, press in round chunk, let your tig welder buddy go to town and you now have a custom pitman arm to your specs.

btw- I had a 45 degree chamfer put on the top and bottom edge of the splined piece to fill with the weld bead.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just got ahold of bob and hes got one coming.

mrblaine... I like that idea. Never thought of that. Next time around I will think about that one. Not sure how I would grab the piece in the lathe (my 3 jaw chuck is huge).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts