Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
stockcarproducts.com i think has some that many have used.
The polyperfromance one is made by Cone industries i believe and is very nice but $$

Ian-

·
Premium Member
10,038 Posts
Stockcarproducts. A swaybar is a swaybar. And they have more choices than anyone else...

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Have you checked out summit or jegs, as they sell a lot of circle track stuff.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sway Away doesn't seem to be in the right range for rockcrawling, I can't seem to get on the Tera-Flex site, and the Cone one from Poly is one to consider. Don't see anything on the WFO site.

The Stock Car Procducts ones look good but I am a little concerened about side loading the arms under the various agles of articulation. Unsure of thier bushings as well.

Am I to picky?

I'll check out Summit. Thanks

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I bought mine from S&N Fab, I think rock stomper has them as well.

·
Premium Member
10,038 Posts
Sway Away doesn't seem to be in the right range for rockcrawling, I can't seem to get on the Tera-Flex site, and the Cone one from Poly is one to consider. Don't see anything on the WFO site.

The Stock Car Procducts ones look good but I am a little concerened about side loading the arms under the various agles of articulation. Unsure of thier bushings as well.

Am I to picky?

Yes, you are. 75% of the swaybars used in rockcrawling are or are the same as the circle track swaybars that they sell... If you're concerned, use a longer bar.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
just remember that i heard a little trick or some guys using torsion bars for ifs trucks for sway bars, as they are pretty similar in operation, little different probably for the different type of loads they see though.

·
Registered
16,095 Posts

Am I to picky?

The arms shouldn't be a problem. Try Energy Susp for different bushings.

·
Registered
320 Posts
a friend of mine was telling me about a sway bar that was pretty much a rip off of the antirock but was a lot cheaper, I can't remember the name though.
Perhaps someone on here will know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The Rock Equipment one must be junk because its made by some hack machinist named Jack somethingorother...he has a shitty company called CTM racing. Never heard of them ;)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
What I really want is to be able to chat with someone who really knows swaybars for our applications. There are soo many variables.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
What I really want is to be able to chat with someone who really knows swaybars for our applications. There are soo many variables.
What are your variables? It has been talked about a few times on here, and there are many in the know that will pipe in.

Are you sure the rock equipment ones are made by jack? I have seen a few break, and while Tony backs them up, but he blames the breaks on side loading and i dont see jack putting up with that kind of failure in something he has a part in.
(this is not a stab at Tony at rock equipment, just a coment on things that i have noted in the past)

Ian-

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I'd second the ones from tony k. I had one on my rig for a solid year of hard comp use and trailriding and it stood up. Just make sure you get the 5/8ths hardware and not the smaller stuff.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts