Pirate 4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am torn between lifts...Looks Like TG and WAB FAB are the same Kit, All Pro looks good as well.....who makes the best kit or rather the most idiot proof kit out there?

I pulled the Solid Axel on the Donor 85 Runner today....Time for some cutting Grinding, knuckle rebuild, 4.88's and an Aussie Locker...

I have my flare suit on now...just wanna know what the man on the street or on the trail has had the best success with...:grinpimp:

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
they are all basically the same , it all depends on who you want to send your money !

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I am torn between lifts...Looks Like TG and WAB FAB are the same Kit, All Pro looks good as well.....who makes the best kit or rather the most idiot proof kit out there?

I pulled the Solid Axel on the Donor 85 Runner today....Time for some cutting Grinding, knuckle rebuild, 4.88's and an Aussie Locker...

I have my flare suit on now...just wanna know what the man on the street or on the trail has had the best success with...:grinpimp:
But does your mom have a flame suit-----how does she taiste :lmao:

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Marlins the best. tg springs are chinese crap and dont return to equal hight after flex.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The marlin kit is great. The springs flex like you wouldent belive. Thats the only kit i have used.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Marlins the best. tg springs are chinese crap and dont return to equal hight after flex.
I call Bull. I'm running their 4" rears. They held their lift for about a season, then settled about 2" on the last run, but they sit the same height. I personally like the springs, and would recomend them to anyone who asked.

As far as a whole kit (and this may sound contradictory), I would go with Marlin because of their customer service.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Well a guy in my club just put tg 5 inch front and rear and he flexed the front tire up and when he come down the springs held the flex slightly. he has since gone to marlin springs and hasnt had that problem.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
just find your local 4 wheel parts..and telll them what size tires you think would look cool. you can drop your truck off before school and have it back in time to show all your friends after school :grinpimp:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
FWIW, the trail gear kit is the most complete. Quality is comparable across the board, but all of the small details are covered in the TG kit, except for front cross member bracing fore/aft. I worked the springs hard with no issues before turning the truck over to the owner and have heard nothing but good things since.

·
Registered
34,181 Posts
FWIW, the trail gear kit is the most complete. Quality is comparable across the board, but all of the small details are covered in the TG kit, except for front cross member bracing fore/aft. I worked the springs hard with no issues before turning the truck over to the owner and have heard nothing but good things since.
What does their kit have that others don't? :confused:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Marlin kit includes a steering box frame brace and hardware..the others dont..Marlin also includes Koyo and NGK bearings in the rebuild kits not some chinese stamped shit

EDIT: what TRE's does TG use? I saw some the other day and they looked pretty skimpy

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
EDIT: what TRE's does TG use? I saw some the other day and they looked pretty skimpy
I bought a set of tie rod ends from trail gear to try em out. I have a marlin hy steer kit and when I put the two rod ends next to eachother the marlin ends are almost twice as big in height and where the ball is in the joint. But they have been doing pretty good so far.

Here comes the pissing contest. :shaking:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.