Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a YJ set-up for a SB Chevy. My dad has a 454 HO that he would sell me cheap. I am already set up with an aluminum radiator and the NV4500. My only concerns are overheating on hot days. I would also imagine stock exhaust manifolds are the only option unless I went with some custom headers. Has anyone had any luck with this?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
He ran headers (KYODER) but the aluminum radiator is the key. Manifolds sure make things easyer and a little cooler though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not too sure of the specs on how everything was done but a guy from my old Jeep club had a '90 YJ with the following:
454 Big Block Chevy (bored .60 over)
Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, Intake & Valve Covers
TRW pistons w/ Chrome-moly rings
Sig Erson camshaft
HEI & MSD Ignition
Predator 930cfm Carb
Heddman block hugger headers & aluminized exhaust
4 core radiator
17" Mr Gasket electric fan
Holley (red) electric fuel pump
Mallory pre-oiler
Flowmaster HD water pump
Fluidamper vibration dampener
Chrome 1 wire 100 amp alternator

·
Registered
639 Posts
And I thought I was nuts for putting my 427 multiport fuel injected BB in my YJ I'm building as we speak. If your close on your smallblock, it will be real tight on the BB, as I first fabbed my mounts for the sb laying in the corner of my shop, then said fawk it, and slammed the BB in! I found a four row that I was able to shoehorn up front. I'll let you know how it all works out.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
I have a 460 in mine and it fits fine. Headlights don't fit anymore because the Radiator (AL Howe) gets in the way. Make sure you throw in a coupla crossmembers in the frame so it doesn't twist......like mine did :D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
There is a guy here in TX with a TBI 454 in his TJ. 42 inch TSL's and 60's front and rear. That thing is a monster.....
pretty sure he kept manifolds on it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts