Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what kind of front driveline you're running, how long it is, the operating degree and how it’s working for you. I also want to know how you over came your original angle problems. Throw in your drivetrain configurations too. My V8 SII config is a 14B/T19/D300/D60

My future plans are a 1350 CV at the TC and a 1410 at the diff, Jess will be hooking me up. Now I have to decide how far forward I’m going to move the axle.

·
Registered
244 Posts
SCOUT 60

Our front driveline was shortened 31/2" from stock and it is a stock front driveline. When we narrowed the housing we turned the knuckles about 6 degrees. It is SOA with hi-steer now because I kept bending tie rods. 78 traveller,360mopar,727, dana 20 case. I've had it in since Oct. 02. So far we've had good luck, no driveline breaks or anything

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
my front is 38" long, degrees total almost 10, both ends added. right now I'm just running 1310 joints on the front, been holding up fine, I'll change out front output shaft on 205 (still running 12 spline front output, going to ford 32 spline ),and then will go 1350's on 60 and 205, why cv on front ? only time front is needed is on trail.... drivetrain is 60,14 bolt, 203-205 gen II, th350..... I am running a 1350 cv on rear, been a tough bastard for the last two years:D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I'm running a narrowed chebby 60 at 62" width from wheel flange to wheel flange. I don't remember what length my front sfaft is but the caster is 5 degrees and the pinion is turned up about 115 degrees. Using a Ford high pinion cover to fill the diffs. I have a 1310 cv yoke on the tc and a 11350 on the 60. Drove straight as an arrow and wheel excelent.....well at least until i broke the front axle shaft. Now going to Rockwells and a 205. Previously had a 345/T19//D20. Now running 350//T19/203/205. But the angles worked out pretty good. I had a spring over with 4" lift springs and the cv binded slightly so I had to grind the cv to allow for a little more movement.

Should be alright in the stock location but moving the front axle forward would help.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: SCOUT 60

TT said:
Our front driveline was shortened 3 1/2" from stock and it is a stock front driveline... So far we've had good luck, no driveline breaks or anything
I can't see how your yokes aren't binding.:confused: Slipscomb is running a CV and still had to grind for clearance.
You must of kicked the pinon up...right?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes we turned the pinion up quite a bit when we shortened it. I don't remember the exacts. Plus when we put the mopar in we pushed everything back 3 inches. We gained a little more driveline that way. Running 5:89 R&Ps takes alot of stress off the driveline,maybe that's why it doesn't bind up?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I run a RC60 moved over to the pass side, narrowed to 65"

Pinion is up to 5º and with my motor shoved so far back (The front pulley's sit directly over the front axle) I have plenty of room for a d-line (36" on the front)

Without the High pinion though, I think I'd have issues...

Edit: Drive train is SBC/465/Atlas...so to be SBC/TH350/203/Atlas though

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts