Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of 4 of the michelin XML 325 85r16 tires.

Does anyone know of a place to buy these tires??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
550 Posts
A local guy here has a set of 5 for sale. 95% tread, $1000CDN.
1 (519) 666 2515. I don't know him, just saw the ad.

Tass

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
i hate you danial, i can't get my dick skinners on any of them.

·
Registered
891 Posts
BobBarry said:
I got my set from a guy who bought a batch of 24 tires from a guy in Canada.
yeah that's me bob, hopefully the rest, or a majority of them, will be gone really soon. my mom is getting sick of seeing them in the backyard. btw check your email daniel :D
i'll have access to a lot more in mid-march, at the latest. only 325/85r16 XMLs, and 9r16 and 11r16 XLs probably. unless someone asks me for other sizes. i need to bring a bigger trailer this time, though :D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
zeeto said:
yeah that's me bob, hopefully the rest, or a majority of them, will be gone really soon. my mom is getting sick of seeing them in the backyard. btw check your email daniel :D
i'll have access to a lot more in mid-march, at the latest. only 325/85r16 XMLs, and 9r16 and 11r16 XLs probably. unless someone asks me for other sizes. i need to bring a bigger trailer this time, though :D
Hey, didn't realize you were here! :D

Mind if I give a plug for your tires?

They were all in good shape, and have a lot of depth to groove, regroove and otherwise screw around with.

I'll let him tell you the price he's asking; let's just say it was the best deal on 38" tires I've ever seen. I got five at 50% tread for less than most of you Californians seem to be asking for a semi-decent set of 31's... :)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
zeeto said:

What about some 8.25r16s? xl's xml's I don't care.

j

·
Registered
183 Posts
sometimes I can almost imagine that seach button covered in undisturbed dust.
try a search for michelin and see what you come up with. I get their [michelin's] gay consumer tires from the USA site. The good military stuff is hidden.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Busto said:
try a search for michelin and see what you come up with. I get their [michelin's] gay consumer tires from the USA site. The good military stuff is hidden.
Sundowner was referring to the Pirate BB underused search button. This site is linked from the "gay consumer tires" website: http://truckus.webmichelin.com/
You are new to this Internet thing I take it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
AMAZING! Actually something we have that you guys want....ya don't see that every day!

Mince cmoe from a surplus place an hour away - $50Cdn each. They have quite a selection

I could probably be talked out of my beatifully grooved set for something in a 40+ Swamper in 16.5....like that's gonna happen :D

Mine:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Eveyehere I look, I keep seeing mention of the 7.50-16, and 8.25-16 Michelin XCL tires, but cant seem to find a place that sells these, yes I have searched. Anyone know who sells these?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
liliysdad said:
Eveyehere I look, I keep seeing mention of the 7.50-16, and 8.25-16 Michelin XCL tires, but cant seem to find a place that sells these, yes I have searched. Anyone know who sells these?
XCL pattern is the same/similar to the XL, and most of the 7.50x16 and 8.25x16 are used overseas. The UK website shows 8.25x16 XZL as available there? Maybe a site that caters to rover/expedition type folks? I know that Dollar Tire (mentioned elsewhere in this thread) has never seen a pair – Mike laughed when I asked about this size!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts