Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the west side of Houston, Tx in a town called Katy. Looking to put together a race team to race the Baja 1000. I have 2 xj's I would like to turn both into Jeepspeed race trucks, but would think about building something else. The team will need drivers, co-drivers, chase truck drivers, pit crew hands, and logistical support personnel. The team members will need many different skills mechanics, fabricators, secretaries, and support personal. Need to be hard working, team players, committed, and ready to win. It would be cool to bring people from all different forms of racing drag, circle, rally, or rock crawlers. The team will do it's homework running a few 200's here in Texas and dial in the trucks before going to the 1000 to make sure we really have a good shot at finishing. It will be a expensive journey full of blood, sweat, and tears, but on you will look back at with great pride. If you would like to be part of an amazing journey email me at [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from y'all Torrey.
P.S.
If you have any help full info I could use please drop me a line.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i would try to run just one car first, the logistics of one is a pita, let alone 2. and haven to pay for the crew that big is guna hurt. even if they are all volunteers, you probly got to pay for their fuel and insurance. and all the beers and tacos

run bfg tires and use their pits, or use baja pits.

i pitted for a class one team in 07, and i heard they spent over 150k on the race. they had 8 chase trucks full of people. then they paid for 2 nites in a nice resort after the race. and a booze cruse

good luck

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I'm looking to come out and help pit, so if you ever get off the ground let me know.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Start with a SCORE rule book, and double your budget. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I'm on the west side of Houston, Tx in a town called Katy. Looking to put together a race team to race the Baja 1000. I have 2 xj's I would like to turn both into Jeepspeed race trucks, but would think about building something else. The team will need drivers, co-drivers, chase truck drivers, pit crew hands, and logistical support personnel. The team members will need many different skills mechanics, fabricators, secretaries, and support personal. Need to be hard working, team players, committed, and ready to win. It would be cool to bring people from all different forms of racing drag, circle, rally, or rock crawlers. The team will do it's homework running a few 200's here in Texas and dial in the trucks before going to the 1000 to make sure we really have a good shot at finishing. It will be a expensive journey full of blood, sweat, and tears, but on you will look back at with great pride. If you would like to be part of an amazing journey email me at [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from y'all Torrey.
P.S.
If you have any help full info I could use please drop me a line.

how much money you got? i'm down for anything.

·
Registered
425 Posts
there are 2 jeepspeeds in the classifieds on race dezert right now both around 15k. that would probably be easier on the budget, and you wouldn't be scrambling to get two trucks done in time for the race.

http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=5&md=second&id=9391

and another
EEP SPEED for sale
ID#: 9489 Date posted: Apr 27

Make and Model: jeep cherokee City: somerset State: ca

For Sale

Year: 1993

Price: $15999
race ready 4wd and two wheel beam.4.0 motor,score tagged cage,32 gal fuel safe,parker pumpers,pci radios,light bars,prp seats,simpson belts,kings 3.0 smooth,deaver springs,rubicon links,HD motor mounts,tranny and engine fluidyn coolers,three row radiator,four door,2nd place 2007 baja 1000,1st class 7 2008 vorra searies.call cliff 530-409-1977

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i am for sure up for it, i am from central oklahoma originally. the catch is i am attending wyotech currently. i have a rock crawling background

·
Registered
777 Posts
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure the SCORE rulebook calls for 2" tube for vehicles above 4000 lbs. Jeepspeed cars typically hover around that weight, not all use 2" tube. A BITD/MORE/MDR tech approval does not guarantee a SCORE tag

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure the SCORE rulebook calls for 2" tube for vehicles above 4000 lbs. Jeepspeed cars typically hover around that weight, not all use 2" tube. A BITD/MORE/MDR tech approval does not guarantee a SCORE tag
yes 2" is required for over 4k lbs. you will have to get a score tag on the vehicle in there shop in calabassas california.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm planning on using 2in. This is my question. what parts have to be 2in and what part can be smaller? Is it just at the pilers, halo, and kickers that have to be 2in and then can the cross braces be 1-1/2?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Buy the rule book! You might do better dealing with someone like McKenzies (where I bought mine) than SCORE in getting the book quick.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts