1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would post on here.

After posting this trail report

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=620567

I realized there is probably a lot of people I could be wheelin with in Co.

SW is the best forum I could come up with. I do go to Moab and Farmington, so its decent...

So who wants to wheel? Saturday, Sunday?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Start sending me plans for wheeling. I would love to join you. I probably can't make every trip but if I know in advance that they are coming, I can work the schedule around.

So far, since moving here last June, I have run Boulder Carnage, Spring Creek Argentine and Holy Cross once, and BV Carnage, Indy system and Pritchett twice.

I am game for anything no matter the difficulty so shoot me a pm. I would love to do a snow run on one of the georgetown area trails. After that, I need to get some work done for Moab in the spring :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I've talked to rock-rod above about heading out one of these days. I'm in the bending up a cage stage still, as well as some other small things, but if we can get some cable shifters from Northwest Fab, my buddy is ready for a shakedown run here shortly and then off to hit the trails harder.

Like above, just a little notice and I can see about heading out whenever. I work two weekends a month and have lots of weekdays off to wheel as well when the trails are more empty... two 3-day weekends a month two. :p

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Bit of a late notice but two of us are going to do some exploring around the G-town/Black Hawk area, and maybe run up to Bill Moore Lake. We are looking for some snow to play in:)

I am towing to my friend's house in Golden and then driving the jeeps up clear creek canyon (kinda want to avoid the interstate as much as possible)

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys, whats a good beginners trial in colorado? i have a sidekick with 5" lift and 31" wild coutry tires..i have yet to really see what its capible of and want to start small.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check out www.colorado4x4.org and www.traildamage.com

Lots of fun easy trails,very scenic for the most part.

Aregentine Pass, Bill Moore Lake, Twin Cone, China Wall, Yankee Hill, Red Cone, Radical Hill, Georgia Pass, Left Hand Canyon all are with in about 90 minutes of Denver and all can be done in a stocker.

Lots of other trails too, but playing the odds you are close to Denver.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
DAMM IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I never find anyone to go to billings with untill after they went without me! [email protected]! If you guys ever want to go wheeling in west colorado moab or my home town farmington email me. [email protected]
I would love to go wheeling with new people.

·
Registered
252 Posts
RamV, I would love to meet up with you guys to ride along sometime. My truck isn't quite built for some of the trails you do, but I will certainly run some of the easier trails.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
I just moved to CO this fall. So I would like to go on runs with ya, Though it might be spring for me, My Jeep is in storage untill I can find a place for it here. I am in Telluride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone wheels Farmington, I'd like to check it out. Wheeled all over Ouray, Silverton, Durango and Moab but never down there.

Got a 79 Cherk, 4bb 360, 33's, not locked but fairly capable.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts