Pirate 4x4 banner

Who will reback space, and put a new lug pattern in my hummer rims in So. Cal?

746 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  paniolo 
#1 ·
I just got some Hummer rims, and need to have them rebackspaced, and have my new lug patter for my volvo portal axles done. (a larger eight lug pattern).

Does any body know who I can call in So. Cal to have this done?

I cannot believe that some of the companies have never heard of a hummer rim before? It's like talking to a wall!!!!!!

Please help.

#3 ·
horse_with_no_name said:
THEN THERE IS ALWAYS STOCKTON WHEEL,
If you can, stay away from Stockton Wheel at all costs. They have a pretty bad reputation around here;) :eek: :eek:

#4 ·
Yea, I have talked to Team Purple, and also to Extreem Axle...both places deal with the portals. They can get new rims done any way you want, but they have not yet found someone to do custom back spacing with an existing rim...

I would love to find out the guys name, or the name of his shop down here in Vista or San Marcos. I am working with both companies to find the best guy for the job.

I have found a guy in LA that charged me $85 per wheel to do what I want done...matter of fact, he is going to be doing more than I wanted! Just for the sake of putting good info in here, the place is called Taylor Made Wheel in South Gate (about 15 mins from LAX). He does a lot of rims for Movies...ie...Terminator III he did some hummer rims that go on a van that gets it's tires blown... he also does all the rims for the guys that go for land speed records... It is a hole in the wall...crappy looking shop, but he gets tons of business.

I would still like to find a guy local if possible. Please let me know.

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.