Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
done! finally..

just finished installing my longfields, and my new 3rd members. new 3rd members have 5.29's and detroit in the rear, lock-rite in the front.
did a knuckle rebuild kit while i was in there, and good GOD was this truck dirty.. i dont think i've ever been so dirty/greasy before in my entire life..

didn't martack for the lock-rite in the front.. it'll leak a little bit past the oil seal for now. but its been leaking a ton of oil forever. i'll martack when i get my all-pro cromo inners. (if they ever get here, been on back-order for 3 weeks already)

now i need to break it in, and drive out to T.D.S. :D

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
I did'nt Martack my front with the Lock Right and it's been fine ;)

·
Registered
940 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but the lock right has a center pin (dowel), no need to martack i thought...:confused:

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
That's EXACTLY why I didn't :D

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,737 Posts
If the axle does not shove past the "Sweet Spot" for the seal, You do not need to tack. It should ride right about in the middle of the machined part on the axle. If it slips past when you go to put the new axles in, expect another big soupy mess in the knuckles!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, it just barely slipped by the machined surface on one of the sides, i think the short side axle.. longside looked 'ok', but i didn't check real closely.

i know i'll be pulling it apart again when i get the cromo axles, so i'll check more closely then.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so yea.. after a weekend at TDS. :D the longside is nice and clean. the short side is covered in diff oil. now i've gotta tear into it again and martack it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts