Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to a guy at 4WPW and he said 16x10 rims would fit fine on a '93 F-150 4x4.

Talked to a guy at National Tire and Wheel and he said 16x10 rims would not fit, that they would hit the tie rods.

The guy at 4WPW did mention that they would not fit on '95 and up, but said nothing about them not fitting on a 93.

So who's right??

ps. sorry for the stupid question, I just want to clear this up. thanks

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Make him prove it. get them to test fit a rim on your rig. If it fits then there you go.

Eric

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ASH said:
It's a bigger rim, so why would it not give you more room? I think the back spacing would have more affect on the fit, but I'm not a tire guy.:confused:
That's what I was thinking too, but the NTW guy was pretty sure they wouldn't fit, regardless of the backspacing.

I'll probably go down to 4wpw and see about test fitting one.

thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
animator said:
Talked to a guy at 4WPW and he said 16x10 rims would fit fine on a '93 F-150 4x4.

Talked to a guy at National Tire and Wheel and he said 16x10 rims would not fit, that they would hit the tie rods.

The guy at 4WPW did mention that they would not fit on '95 and up, but said nothing about them not fitting on a 93.

So who's right??
They are both right, it all depends on the backspacing.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't see why they wouldn't fit, the Lightnings came from the factory with 16's. I think they used the same steering system.

·
Registered
540 Posts
All depends on the backspacing. 16" will fit over the brakes no problem. The thing about hitting the knuckles means diffrent backspacing. Find out what kind of wheels they are and how much backspacing they each have. If the backspacing of each is diffrent then they are BOTH right. If the backspacing of each is the same then yeah, you're getting smoke blown up your ass!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The 4wpw guy was correct (for once:rolleyes: ).
A 16" rim will fit fine.
Just make sure the center hole is large enough to fit over the front hubs. This shouldn't be an issue today, but once was many years ago.

Whats the reason for 16, anyway? I know you cannot get as many tire sizes in 16s as 15s, and they cost way more also.

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4x4junkie said:
The 4wpw guy was correct (for once:rolleyes: ).
A 16" rim will fit fine.
Just make sure the center hole is large enough to fit over the front hubs. This shouldn't be an issue today, but once was many years ago.

Whats the reason for 16, anyway? I know you cannot get as many tire sizes in 16s as 15s, and they cost way more also.
Thanks, that pretty much answeres what I thought to be correct to begin with. I got a pretty good deal on some 35x12.50x16 ssr's so I had to take it. Got 4 of 'em for $80 with 40-50% tread, so I figured what the hell. Now I'm trying to find some rims....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.