Are you going on June 28th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading out of Waynesville, NC heading to Murphy. If anyone wants to carpool let me know. I have 3 seats available.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am not because I wont be on the ride up there but a few in my club are. Probably 5 or so to add to the headcount, maybe more.

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't be riding that weekend either. I'm just taking the daily driver (Honda Civic) up there to attend the meeting.

·
Registered
23,371 Posts
I'd really like to but we've had reservations for months at the beach...I'm with you in sprit if that means anything. Oh, and I've mailed my letters. Yep, actually typed it up, printed it out, signed it and mailed it off...along with an e-mail.

Good luck and give'em hell...

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I wish I could be there to meet some of y'all and talk to the FS, but I was already scheduled to be in a TreadLightly! class that I can't get out of. There will be officers from SFWDA and I'll bet they'll be in SFWDA shirts if you are looking for them.

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question...

would it be beneficial to print out the Rally thread and hand it to the ranger along with a cover letter of sorts?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'll be there

I have already sent 2 letters but im wondering about the surveys. should we print them out and hand them in at the meeting?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I'll be there

I have already sent 2 letters but im wondering about the surveys. should we print them out and hand them in at the meeting?
No, please mail them in. The people conducting the survey may or may not be there.

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought it went well and got to meet a lot of people. I also got some information to share along with pics. I'll post up tomorrow and give my thoughts.

One thing I saw was that there were a ton more wheelers there than fisherman :flipoff2: It was hilarious actually. You could spot them a mile away. If you wore khakis it was dead giveaway #1 and #2 if you were pimping a polo and a trout belt :laughing::laughing:

One more thing... I got to speak with Gary Parsons (pres of SFWDA) and he assured me that he reads everything we write and that they are not ignoring anyone. SFWDA is here and they're working behind the scenes for us. They are doing what they can but we have to do our part as well. That means writing letters with ideas about Tellico to the ranger and getting the word out to other clubs. SFWDA and the BRC cannot do this alone. I've heard from a few that they don't understand why Southern is not doing more. They're doing more than you think and people need to realize that Southern is made up of wheelers just like you and I. They've volunteered their time and effort to keep this fight going. It is not their responsibility to keep these trails open. It is our own! So if you want to keep the trails open then start speaking up.

I'm startin' to roll so I'll stop for now :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's some pics:

I apologize in advance about the quality of the pics. This camera is nothing short of a POS. I had the earlier version and it was awesome. I dropped it at a Motley crew concert and got the next generation. It's a sore subject with me but whatever, you get the idea :flipoff2:

sign in

surveys (those are TORA guys!)

videos of the trails

proposed action with pics (that's Chuck from Tellico Cabins)

District Ranger Steve Lohr talking with Gary Parsons

1 - 20 of 55 Posts