Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else here, I'm sure there are. I've got 42" irocs and full widths, and cramming into the firewall is *not terrible* but I know I haven't stuffed it as hard as I can and right now it jams in there pretty solid:shaking:. I am running a 5" all pro spring, with the standard 1.5" forward setup.

So far I have

-cut the firewall back to the body mount(tubbed it)
-installed nitro bumpstops 1" above the springpads

I know I can link it, but thats simply too much time and money right now, I'm not interested since it flat works right now.
I've got a set of buggy springs from Marlin, thought about combining the two together since that set of springs looks to be another 1" forward. Problem is, the clamps on both springs don't look to be removeable, I'd have to grind off the clamps I guess and put some other sort of clamp on. I'm not very versed with leafs, ideas??

Anyone have any ideas, or what have you done in a similar situation ???

thanks!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah I'm running 42's

I moved everything foward at least 2" the front bolt on the steering box is mounted through the middle of the front stock x-member. I used a piece of 2'"x2" squre tube welded in front of the stock x-menber for my spring hanger.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ran 42 with rears up front and i sectioned the firewall back to where the body mount use to be. i removed it and the cage support now holds the body in place.
there's a good idea. I could run the cage foot down and to the frame after clearing out the body mount junk. I bet a couple more inches would suffice :smokin:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
i ran 42 with rears up front and i sectioned the firewall back to where the body mount use to be. i removed it and the cage support now holds the body in place.
What body :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
757 Posts
i have 42s and leafs and full width

Trail gear HD 5's with 1.5 inch pads to move the diff forward, and i made a custom front hanger/crossmember to move everything forward even more...

plus the firewall is wayyy tubed.

ill get some pics today

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
42's on toy axles here. Front axle is about 4 1/2" forward, and my firewall is tubbed to the point that the front half of the body mount is gone, and i still rub a little bit. Not bad, but it still rubs. Im running saggy Allpro 3" buggy springs up front.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I'm running 42"TSL's w/44044's. I moved the front spring hangers 9" forward, have no problems at all..

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
redrill the spring perch another 1.5" forward

·
Registered
510 Posts
When I went from Toy axles to Tuns, I ended up cutting off the front spring perch, going about 1" forward. I run stock rear springs. Also, redrilled spring pads 1.5"

My rig sits about 4" taller that a stock 4x4 truck on 42s:smokin:

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
nothing cool but you can get an idea how far back i tubbed it. the cage tie in is behind where the orginal body mount was. Crash i think i still have more 82 sheet on my truck than you...its just not straight:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got home from work, and took a look. Looks like I can cut and sleeve and re-weld my sliders back a good two inches, and if I lose the body mount I can cut back another two inches of firewall easy.

It was a PITA the first time through, I imagine this time should be much simpler.

·
Registered
524 Posts
nothing cool but you can get an idea how far back i tubbed it. the cage tie in is behind where the orginal body mount was. Crash i think i still have more 82 sheet on my truck than you...its just not straight:flipoff2:
Eaton....what's up man? Havn't seen or heard from you in a while. I don't know if you heard or not but I got rid of the sammi to Detloff and picked up a '87 Runner. Just ordered some parts for it and hopefully will be cutting out the IFS crap soon. Talk to you later man.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
85 reg cab
Thats a badass rig. You have a build thread on the truck? I'd like to see some pictures of the hanger and front shackle.

I just picked up a D60 front and rear just can't make up my mind on the 14b or 60 for the rear.?. Any advice on witch rear to run?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm in the same spot. I'm gonna part an 81 K30 I just got next summer and put it into a Toy truggy but I think I'm gonna ditch the giant 14b anchor in favor of a 60 rear. Matching ground clearance with the front and I'm sure a 9.75" ring gear is plenty strong for a light (hopefully) rig like I want to build.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts