Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I KNOW SOMEONE HAD A CRAZY NIGHT Of LIQUID COURAGE AND BOMBED THE DIRTBIKE OFF A 15' JUMP AND BUSTED IT, AND ITS BEEN SITTING IN THE BACKYARD FOR YEARS. I'M LOOKING FOR A DISC BRAKE SETUPD FROM A WRECKED DIRTBIKE. ANYONE WANNA HELP ME OUT? OR POSSIBLY A ROTOR/CALIPER YOU REPLACED WITH BETTER AFTERMARKET STUFF?

MATT :skull:

EDIT: HERES THE LINK TO THE WANTED FOR THE STRAIGHT EDGERS
HERE

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
What make and model?

Or all the discs universal....NO!:D

Hell dude you amy as well ask for a sparkplug... they are all the same too...right?

;)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OOOOH, DUSTIN JUST SAVED YOUR ASSES FROM A MAJOR LAYING DOWN OF THE SMACK.

SO NOW THAT YOU MADE AN ASS OUTTA YOURSELF CRUISEROUTFIT, GONNA HOOK ME UP WITH SOME EBRAKE PARTS? ;)

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
OOOOH, DUSTIN JUST SAVED YOUR ASSES FROM A MAJOR LAYING DOWN OF THE SMACK.
Bring it...:flipoff2:

Seriously though... I figured this was for some sort of project other than your bike but a type of make model would be good... I can go pull the disc brake setup off my XR50 but I think you'll want somethin a little bigger, say a CR500 (10"ish disc) Let me know the size range and I can check around (still have alot of MX buddies)... :D

Also, I have checked out some of these setups in the past, but is there any advantage and disadvantage to a cable vs. hydraulic DB setup? I can think of a few fourwheels to get the cable operated from and it seems easier than dealing with hydraulic....:confused:

WHOS THE ASS NOW FIXXXXAH...;)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CRUISEROUTFIT- I'LL TAKE WHATEVER I CAN GET. I'LL BUT OUT THE TAPE AND GET A RANGE FOR ROTOR SIZE THIS AFTERNOON. CABLE OPERATED WOULD BE FINE, BUT I THINK I CAN GET MORE HOLDING POWER OUT OF A HYDRAULIC SETUP...

AND YOUR STILL THE ASS! :flipoff2: [JUST KIDDING AROUND]

ANDRE- I LEAVE THE 28TH :D I'M PLANNING ON STAYING FOR A WEEK MIN, 2 WEEKS MAX, IT KINDA DEPENDS ON HOW LONG I HAVE A PLACE TO STAY. YOU GUYS STILL PLAYING LAX? I'M PRETTY RUSTY, HAVENT PLAYED THIS YEAR... I'M LOOKING AT HITTIN UP ALTA AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, WANNA LINK SOME TURNS?

MATT

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
CRUISEROUTFIT- I'LL TAKE WHATEVER I CAN GET.
I'll check around with the dudes this weekend...:D

Oh yeah, I am an ass...;)

Later-

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
texican said:
Don't know about local requirements, but in Texas it must be mechanical, hydraulic won't pass state inspection.
Butch
Same goes here in Utah... worth looking into...:)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WHAT WAS THAT? DID SOMEONE SAY, INSPECTION? HEH INSPECTION? IN NEW MEXICO? HAHA.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHHH MAN, YOU GUYS SURE ARE FUNNY ;)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, THESE ARE THE ROUGH MEASUREMENTS I'M LOOKING FOR.

ROTOR MAXIMUM I.D. : 6"
ROTOR MAX O.D. : 9"

THOSE ARE THE TWO IMPORTANT ONES. SINCE THE CRUISER MIGHT END UP IN TACOMA, I GUESS CABLE OPERATED WOULD WORK TOO. I'LL TAKE WHATEVER YOU GOT :D

MATT :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ANDRE- CHECK YO MAIL FOOL!

OUTFIT- YAH, CHECK WITH YOUR BUDDIES, IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING I COULD GET IT FROM YOU WHEN I'M OVER THERE :)

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
ANDRE- CHECK YO MAIL FOOL!

OUTFIT- YAH, CHECK WITH YOUR BUDDIES, IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING I COULD GET IT FROM YOU WHEN I'M OVER THERE :)
I talked to one freind that works at the Yam/Kawi dealer... he said he sees used rotors but they are almost always broken/bent. He is going to check with the service guys and see if anyone has pulled them off for upgraded rotors...;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just a heads up on the disk idea.
If you fab a t-case disc.....
Make sure you protect that disc with some serious armor.

When wheeling with a buddy who was very proud of his new disc brake e-brake set-up.

First rock that scraped the skid plate nicked the disc and made it into a potato chip shaped gizmo.
This made it impossible to move the rig more than 4 inches.
It took up over an hour with a small sledge hammer to reshape it enough to free it up and remove the caliper so we could keep going.
$$$$$ disc lasted about 1 mile:D

Cory

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NOTE TAKEN. ;) I'M HOPING TO GET A FULL-LENGTH SKIDPLATE SETUP THAT IS EASY ENOUGH TO REMOVE FOR REPAIRS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.