Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I KNOW SOMEONE HAD A CRAZY NIGHT Of LIQUID COURAGE AND BOMBED THE DIRTBIKE OFF A 15' JUMP AND BUSTED IT, AND ITS BEEN SITTING IN THE BACKYARD FOR YEARS. I'M LOOKING FOR A DISC BRAKE SETUPD FROM A WRECKED DIRTBIKE. ANYONE WANNA HELP ME OUT? OR POSSIBLY A ROTOR/CALIPER YOU REPLACED WITH BETTER AFTERMARKET STUFF?

MATT :skull:

EDIT: HERES THE LINK TO THE WANTED FOR THE STRAIGHT EDGERS
HERE

·
Registered
890 Posts
it sounds like a tcase disk brake or sumthin...i.e. he prob doesnt care what make/model...just fab it up and make it work after its sitting in front of you....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOOOH, DUSTIN JUST SAVED YOUR ASSES FROM A MAJOR LAYING DOWN OF THE SMACK.

SO NOW THAT YOU MADE AN ASS OUTTA YOURSELF CRUISEROUTFIT, GONNA HOOK ME UP WITH SOME EBRAKE PARTS? ;)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
OOOOH, DUSTIN JUST SAVED YOUR ASSES FROM A MAJOR LAYING DOWN OF THE SMACK.
Bring it...:flipoff2:

Seriously though... I figured this was for some sort of project other than your bike but a type of make model would be good... I can go pull the disc brake setup off my XR50 but I think you'll want somethin a little bigger, say a CR500 (10"ish disc) Let me know the size range and I can check around (still have alot of MX buddies)... :D

Also, I have checked out some of these setups in the past, but is there any advantage and disadvantage to a cable vs. hydraulic DB setup? I can think of a few fourwheels to get the cable operated from and it seems easier than dealing with hydraulic....:confused:

WHOS THE ASS NOW FIXXXXAH...;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CRUISEROUTFIT- I'LL TAKE WHATEVER I CAN GET. I'LL BUT OUT THE TAPE AND GET A RANGE FOR ROTOR SIZE THIS AFTERNOON. CABLE OPERATED WOULD BE FINE, BUT I THINK I CAN GET MORE HOLDING POWER OUT OF A HYDRAULIC SETUP...

AND YOUR STILL THE ASS! :flipoff2: [JUST KIDDING AROUND]

ANDRE- I LEAVE THE 28TH :D I'M PLANNING ON STAYING FOR A WEEK MIN, 2 WEEKS MAX, IT KINDA DEPENDS ON HOW LONG I HAVE A PLACE TO STAY. YOU GUYS STILL PLAYING LAX? I'M PRETTY RUSTY, HAVENT PLAYED THIS YEAR... I'M LOOKING AT HITTIN UP ALTA AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, WANNA LINK SOME TURNS?

MATT

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
CRUISEROUTFIT- I'LL TAKE WHATEVER I CAN GET.
I'll check around with the dudes this weekend...:D

Oh yeah, I am an ass...;)

Later-

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Don't know about local requirements, but in Texas it must be mechanical, hydraulic won't pass state inspection.
Butch

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
texican said:
Don't know about local requirements, but in Texas it must be mechanical, hydraulic won't pass state inspection.
Butch
Same goes here in Utah... worth looking into...:)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WHAT WAS THAT? DID SOMEONE SAY, INSPECTION? HEH INSPECTION? IN NEW MEXICO? HAHA.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHHH MAN, YOU GUYS SURE ARE FUNNY ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, THESE ARE THE ROUGH MEASUREMENTS I'M LOOKING FOR.

ROTOR MAXIMUM I.D. : 6"
ROTOR MAX O.D. : 9"

THOSE ARE THE TWO IMPORTANT ONES. SINCE THE CRUISER MIGHT END UP IN TACOMA, I GUESS CABLE OPERATED WOULD WORK TOO. I'LL TAKE WHATEVER YOU GOT :D

MATT :)

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Matt,
You're still more than welcome. Shoot me an email! Time frame should be perfect. The "hotel" cleared out today with the next group not due till 3rd week in March ;) (By hotel, I mean my house).... :D

Andre

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ANDRE- CHECK YO MAIL FOOL!

OUTFIT- YAH, CHECK WITH YOUR BUDDIES, IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING I COULD GET IT FROM YOU WHEN I'M OVER THERE :)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
ANDRE- CHECK YO MAIL FOOL!

OUTFIT- YAH, CHECK WITH YOUR BUDDIES, IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING I COULD GET IT FROM YOU WHEN I'M OVER THERE :)
I talked to one freind that works at the Yam/Kawi dealer... he said he sees used rotors but they are almost always broken/bent. He is going to check with the service guys and see if anyone has pulled them off for upgraded rotors...;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
i've got a friend at a place called Escape Motor Sports here by Cruiseroutfit. I'll check with him. He brings stuff home all the time.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just a heads up on the disk idea.
If you fab a t-case disc.....
Make sure you protect that disc with some serious armor.

When wheeling with a buddy who was very proud of his new disc brake e-brake set-up.

First rock that scraped the skid plate nicked the disc and made it into a potato chip shaped gizmo.
This made it impossible to move the rig more than 4 inches.
It took up over an hour with a small sledge hammer to reshape it enough to free it up and remove the caliper so we could keep going.
$$$$$ disc lasted about 1 mile:D

Cory

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NOTE TAKEN. ;) I'M HOPING TO GET A FULL-LENGTH SKIDPLATE SETUP THAT IS EASY ENOUGH TO REMOVE FOR REPAIRS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts