Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im talkin the 37x14 irok bias ply tires. i wanna see some pics. thier pretty cheap and sound like a pretty good tire for the price. i just dont want a tire that looks like a big balloon. lets here what ya think :flipoff2:

·
Registered
970 Posts
i should have them after ordering them the first part of march with christian at 4 wheel parts and after 2 months of the run around cancelled my order. they seem like a hard tire to get. does seem like a good tire for cheap though. i was only paying 1012.00 for 5 tires with shipping not bad

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I ordered mine from Tyres INternational. They were the cheapest place and being in Ohio it only cost me $60 to ship them. I ordered them in March or april and had them in two weeks. I am loving them. They are way more square than the 36 and 39's. Not quite as square as the 42's and not as much tread depth as the 42's.

37x14x17 in 17x9 MRW beadlocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
I found this to be interesting. Seems the 36" are bigger? :confused:
Sixe-36x13.50-15LT= Tread Width-11.0, O.D.-36.8, C.S.-14.5
Size-37x14.00-15LT= Tread width-10.7, O.D.-36.5, C.S.-14.71
LINK to specs

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I am running 17x9" beadlocks. My 37x14's are a tad taller than both my bud's 36's on 15" rims.

I love them so far. They are way better in rocks than my old TSL's. My 37's are also taller than my 36 TSLs but just about the same width.

·
Registered
242 Posts
TwistedTJ wrote,
"I found this to be interesting. Seems the 36" are bigger?
Sixe-36x13.50-15LT= Tread Width-11.0, O.D.-36.8, C.S.-14.5
Size-37x14.00-15LT= Tread width-10.7, O.D.-36.5, C.S.-14.71"
<SNIP>
This is why I bought the 36/13.50-15, bias ply. Almost 37". At first I had them on 8" rims, but my turning radius suffered (leaf springs) with all that meat hanging over the edge of the rim. I got 10" rims with a 3-3/4" offset and that made 'em work. Off-road, I run them at 5.5 lbs. I don't see using this tire on the street at all. The voids are too large and the lugs too sparce to get much mileage. I like the grip though.
regards, as always, jefe

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bump. Since this is the only thread I could find about the 37" IROK's.
I am in the market for new tires and I was thinking to go with the 38" TSL or SX's, but also had the thought of the 37 IROK. Anyone have any comments how the 37" IROK compare to the 38 TSL in size?

·
Premium Member
40,287 Posts
twistedtj said:
Anyone have any comments how the 37" IROK compare to the 38 TSL in size?
Can't talk about the Iroks or SX's, but a 38X12.50/15 TSL is gonna be right at 36" measured horizontally on anything from a 7-10" rim figuring 8-15lbs. This is where I measured all of them (using a rigid caliper) when that size was common at our mud races. The 16.5" version is 1/2 to 3/4" taller for some reason.

For reference, the 36" TSL is only about 3/4" shorter & (perhaps) because of the heavier sidewall, rim width changes WILL impact the diameter.

TEX

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread but I am also interested in the 36" IROK bias ply and was woundering how they compare to the Boggers. The boggers are very tough and great for the rocks in my area but I heard the Iroks are also great and have a size more to my liking.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What is the tread depth like on the 37s? I've heard several times they are not as deep as the 42's but how do they compare to the 36's and 39's?

And what we really need is a pic of these tires next to a 36 irok. perhaps that will give a better idea of overall sizes compared to the specs interco claims for the 2 tires

·
11,307 Posts
Looking for Irok's here as well. My main concern is how they will drive on the road, any one has info on that? Will be running a set on 16.5 hummer beadlock wheels, still debating going 37 or 39.5. Thinking about the 39.5 since they are fairly thin at 13" wide, and I am currently running TSl 38.5X16" The TSLs ride very square on the road, that is the main reason I am considering the Irok's. Also, will the radial ride better on the road that the Bias?

Thanks for the info,

Gui

·
Premium Member
8,246 Posts
i hav the 42-14-17 on my blazer, the run fine on the road, no scrubbing, little noise and i still drive my rig at 75 on the freeway with no problems.
I havent put to many miles on them yet, but very little(if any noticable) wear after about 3000 miles

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I don't know about the 39 being a skinny tire. They seem to balloon out quite a bit on the rigs I've seen. One guy i talked to was running a set on his 4runner with 10 inch wide rims, and he seemed really disappointed with just how fat they were and the shallow tread depth. As for me, I'm looking for a new set of tires for my buggy. I'm running 36 tsls right now, and what I really want is a narrow tire in the 40in range with a deep tread and a squarish profile. I really like the 42in Irok, but its more than my pocket book or axle can handle I think

·
Registered
821 Posts
I ran 36 IROK's on my old Jeep. Not too many road miles, but they rode better than my TSL's. They will wear down really fast. I had about 500 road miles on the set when I sold my other Jeep and could really notice it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts