Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2 barrel carb on my 350 cause for the most part it runs real well on angles. But seeking more hp for my motor I have wanted a 4 barrel. I keep hearing how good Q jets are and they are awesome mounted backwards. why is this?

·
Premium Member
10,038 Posts
The angle. They run better when going up an incline when backwards. I don't know much about the internals of a q-jet so I cant say why. But they do work right side around too. hopefully someone will chime in and elaborate

·
Registered
982 Posts
its the way the bowl is shaped and the way the float is hung in there, some people chose to run it backwards because it'll be less likely to let the float drop down and flood the carb, but i run mine facin forward and never had any problems, just have to play with it a little to finally get it dialed in just right

not sure i can give ya any sure fire ways, but some advice, just lower the float level a little bit, this will cause it to starve for fuel when you really hammer down, but it won't stall as much when on angles

and i just noticed the more HP thing, a 4 barrell won't get you more HP, maybe more cfm's but unless the motor can handle it, dumping more fuel isn't the answer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts