Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone could please give me any guidance to buying a Range Rover, I would much appreciate it. I do not know much about Rovers, 'cause I've always been a Toyota fan. I own a '86 4Runner that is my toy, so I wanted something a bit nicer to be my D.D. How come I can buy a '95 or '96 Range Rover w/70k miles for $11-12,000? Isn't that awfully cheap for a vehicle that sells new for $70k? Do these vehicles have poor resale value and are WAY over priced? I can buy the same model and milage 4Runner as I stated for R.R.'s for about the same price! What's the deal, please help?!

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
44Basket said:
? Isn't that awfully cheap for a vehicle that sells new for $70k?

Model Year MSRP
1993 County $44,500.
County LWB $49,200.
1994 County $46,900
County LWB $50,200.
1995 County Classic $45,000.
County LWB $52,500.
Do these vehicles have poor resale value and are WAY over priced? I can buy the same model and milage 4Runner as I stated for R.R.'s for about the same price! What's the deal, please help?!
It's English! Same high deprecation level for Jaguars!

There weird and the dealers will bend your over if your not watching. The parts can be a PITA for owners that are not used to unusual automobiles. BTW a 1996 Range Rover for 11-12k is going to be a POS! A nice one will be 16-22k

·
Registered
198 Posts
Basically most RRs (along with most other British cars) are pieces of shit and that's why they don't hold their value. If you want a DD that's reliable then stick with a Toy LC. Now, if you want a fun project car then go for a RR. Obviously I'm sick in the head for owning two RRs but I love them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts