Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see everybody talk about smorr and disney and hannible but nothing about flat nasty? I've been there a couple times and it's sweet.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I've never been there, but from what I've seen and heard, would like to go.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Ive been there many times . Ron & Sheila the owners are the nicest people you will ever meet Trails are Killer The only down side is the lack of real Restrooms and showers

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have not ever been but would like to also. If they do not have decent facilities that could be the reason that you never hear about the park. Smorr would be very hard to compete with on showers and restrooms. Everything about Smorr is top notch. On the other hand anybody could beat Hogans campground at Disney his restrooms are nasty SOB's.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have not ever been but would like to also. If they do not have decent facilities that could be the reason that you never hear about the park. Smorr would be very hard to compete with on showers and restrooms. Everything about Smorr is top notch. On the other hand anybody could beat Hogans campground at Disney his restrooms are nasty SOB's.
x2

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have not been there either but would like to try it out. Do they have pit toilets on site or what?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I don't know, but I could camp IN the bathroom/restrooms at SMORR!!! Those facilities are awesome and even better people running the place. Sounds like Flat Nasty is wortht he visit!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Smorr does have it together. Russ Hogan needs to go spend a couple of days at Smorr. I'm not saying everyone needs A/C in the shitter but clean does not cost much. The last time I was at Hogans I got out of my tow rig and almost stepped in a big pile of human shit sitting in the middle of the driveway.

I have not been to flat nasty so I can not make any comments about the parks facilities.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
. The last time I was at Hogans I got out of my tow rig and almost stepped in a big pile of human shit sitting in the middle of the driveway.
I would have gotten back in the truck and found somewhere else to camp. Thats downright fuggin nasty!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't make it to flat nasty last year but yeah facilities are lacking to say the least. Pretty much primitive camping. Maybe they improved that this year.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I wish Flat would have been there when I was stationed at Ft Leonard Wood. Might have to make a road trip up there as that place looks to have some great wheeling. And of course, Sweetwater BBQ is a must have.

·
Registered
60 Posts
New management maybe?

The issues with Flat Nasty several years ago was the manager. If it has new management then it is definitely worth the trip. The trails are excellent. If the management is the same as it was 4 years ago then I will stay home.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was there late last year, it was a great place. I'm used to SMORR though and the facilities at Flat Nasty are the only things lacking. Porta potties and some (clean?) water in the back of the truck is all they had.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I have been to flat nasty several times. love it. the wheeling is great and the people are nice.

you people sound like a bunch of whiny bastages. your sopost to be hard core wheelers all I heard is whining. He has Johnny's at the office and camp site. if you want to stay the night and want a shower you can rent the cabin or rent some trailers down the road.

you need to get to his park and spend some cash. the park is barely sub staining its self. the owners are doing it out of love for the sport. they arn't making enough $ to build a big shit house.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
you've gotta have a good clean place to take a shit though!

I need to get down there though but I hear it's hard to get a big truck/trailer in there and the facilities are very primitive.

If I go somewhere more than a hour or two away I want to stay the weekend and I'm gonna have to shit sometime. If I feel dirtier after taking a shit I can't enjoy the rest of the day.

At disney you can at least go to town or Hogans got running water to clean off with.

Dirty porta Johns and no way to wash your hands would fuckin gross me out, I'll shit in the woods! But that wouldn't be good for the park!

·
Registered
34 Posts
haha what a bunch of Nancy's. the park being so cut off from the real world is one of the best things a person could ask for. take a jug of water, some shit paper and your rig. what else does a person really need?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Sounds like a guys only trip. I know my wife wouldn't care for the no water bit and she likes camping! But if I know that they don't have running water I can plan ahead for things like that.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
If people go to the park and spend some cash they will build what we need. Ive been going there since the place opened. Ron and Sheila the owners are the nicest people you could ever meet They have a cabin at the park for all you CITY People. I have a 50' toter and it fits back to the camping area. Times are tough SUPPORT our sport

1 - 20 of 47 Posts