Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
El Presidente
6,519 Posts
I've got a HP D60 front,GM 14bolt rear,both full width,with 15x10s,with 2 1/4 BS,and 39 inch boggers,but going 42s soon.It's also a trail only rig.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Good info guys. With your 4 banger you will need all the gearing you can get. If you swap out your 2312 t-case for a dana 300 passenger side, then I'd suggest getting Chevy 60s. Otherwise, I'd say get hp60/ff 60 and run 5.38 gears, the lowest gear you can run in your hp60. Get some 38x12.50 or other tall and thin tires to get the axles out of the rocks and also to not burden your 4 banger with too wide of a tire. Hummer rims are nice and easily found and allow you to run heavily offset rims to keep your axle width to a minimum at least to deal with them. You should be good to go. Maybe hydro assist and detroits f/r for dependability. If you go with 36"+ tires I'd lengthen the wheelbase to around 100" or so. YJs with their leaf spring susp is so easy to work with and modify. I'd suggest running XJ rear springs and mount a fuel cell in your cargo area. The sky's the limit, depends on what you run and how much $ and time you have. Have fun.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts