Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Vendor
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wide Open Design JC is designed to be a true cross-over between a modified Jeep trail rig and a full tube buggy. The JC utilizes all the creature comforts of a full body trail rig (and factory top) with the performance of a buggy.

Builder options include everything from bare frame chassis to full turn-key and everything in between. You can see more pictures and get information on our website. Jeep Chassis

We started a build thread of our latest Jeep projects including a new TJ chassis. You can view it here!

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Do you have a build thread on that jeep? Looks sweet guys. Any plans for a leaf sprung option?

·
Registered
18 Posts
checked out this jeep at the UORE. another fine example of WOD craftsmanship. now i just need to find a money tree so i can get mine on the way

·
Vendor
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Utilizes Jeep YJ/CJ Body
1 3/4" x .120 & .188 DOM Chassis
Proper 4-Link Geometry
Optional 1 3/4" DOM 6 Point Removable Cage
Optional Drivetrain Mounts
Optional Link Mounts
Optional Shock Mounts
Optional Rear Fender Caps

·
Registered
652 Posts
i like the concept. been wanting to do the same for 15 years. just dont have the time.
make the same options for an early bronco, stretched 10 inches and you'll have me.
nice product. definitely a market out there.

steelman

·
Vendor
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like the concept. been wanting to do the same for 15 years. just dont have the time.
make the same options for an early bronco, stretched 10 inches and you'll have me.
nice product. definitely a market out there.

steelman
Appreciate the kind words. We will be working on more like this in the near future!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I would be interested in an early bronco version

·
Registered
42 Posts
Absolutely awesome product. I've been wondering why someone hasn't combined the tube frame buggy with the Jeep tub before now. I sure wish I could start a CJ build RIGHT NOW. Need to sell some stuff first.

I assume you could modify this chassis to a stretched wheelbase. I would love to see integral boatsides too.

Great idea!

·
Vendor
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Absolutely awesome product. I've been wondering why someone hasn't combined the tube frame buggy with the Jeep tub before now. I sure wish I could start a CJ build RIGHT NOW. Need to sell some stuff first.

I assume you could modify this chassis to a stretched wheelbase. I would love to see integral boatsides too.

Great idea!
Custom touches are always a possibility! Feel free to give us a call.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts