Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
What are the specs on your driveshafts? I really like how this is coming together.

Thanks! And they are the @WideOpenDesign 1350 carrier bearing kit, 1350 front shaft kit, and 1410 rear shaft kit because of the angle. All 0.25” wall tube except the carrier bearing tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Bumpdates?!?!?

Sorry for no updates in so long! Haven’t made much time to get on a post stuff and it’s not the most quick process in the world either. However, it’s all put together and torn apart! The chassis is off to powder coat and I’m working on the body work now. Should be complete in about a month.

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
sweet! :grinpimp:

·
NERD
8,562 Posts
Looking good as usual :smokin: I would recommend an exhaust coating to keep temps down and ensure the longevity of surrounding components, especially that starter. I think you could run the factory starter if you coated everything. Coating should be about $400 depending on who does it and what the rate is for the amount of exhaust you have. It's next on my to-do list on my TJ because the floor, 4l80e, and d300 are all unhappy after about a solid hour on rippin!!! :laughing:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Looks good, I really debated on the WOD chassis for my LJ as I wanted to race. But now I can stay in 4500 and then build a more suitable 4400 chassis. Did you make the rear tubs? What width is that bench seat, id like to do something similar. Im basically same set up as you with somewhat stock chassis.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Looking good as usual :smokin: I would recommend an exhaust coating to keep temps down and ensure the longevity of surrounding components, especially that starter. I think you could run the factory starter if you coated everything. Coating should be about $400 depending on who does it and what the rate is for the amount of exhaust you have. It's next on my to-do list on my TJ because the floor, 4l80e, and d300 are all unhappy after about a solid hour on rippin!!! :laughing:

I sprayed a hi temp clear on it and wrapped anything that was next to a component (down to and including the muffler). We’ll see how it holds up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Looks good, I really debated on the WOD chassis for my LJ as I wanted to race. But now I can stay in 4500 and then build a more suitable 4400 chassis. Did you make the rear tubs? What width is that bench seat, id like to do something similar. Im basically same set up as you with somewhat stock chassis.

I think that was a smart moving looking back at it. Yes I did out of 20 ga sheet metal. I believe it’s a 36” and it’s a nice snug fit between the wells. And I made a subframe to mount the seats and lower harnesses to. The subframe then mounts through the tub to the chassis cuz it was so tight to reach between the fender and seat. So if I want to remove the rear seat it’s just 4 bolts under the tub and it all comes right out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
All wrapped up. Got some minor things to take care of before first wheeling trip in June.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts