Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I plan to do is throw an MJ d44 under my jeep to use until I have the money to do a front swap. What I'm wondering is can I throw a set of waggy rear shafts and drums into it once I do a front swap to get the matching bolt pattern to a waggy front?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nope you cant, but you could just change out the MJ rear for the SJ one, or get custom shafts, or wait to do both axles at once.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, should be able to get my money back out of an MJ 44...if I can freakin find one. Well, thats about it, thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
U can swap TJ dana 44 shafts into a xj or mj dana 44 rear axle. As U might already know, xj dana 44 are SOA and mj dana 44's are SUA. They both are good swap material, but not as good as a 95'+ ford explorer/mountaineer 8.8 This axle has the nice disc brakes, 31 spline shafts, and is easily found in junkyards.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigredjeep1 said:
U can swap TJ dana 44 shafts into a xj or mj dana 44 rear axle. As U might already know, xj dana 44 are SOA and mj dana 44's are SUA. They both are good swap material, but not as good as a 95'+ ford explorer/mountaineer 8.8 This axle has the nice disc brakes, 31 spline shafts, and is easily found in junkyards.
Yeah, but swapping tj shafts would gain me nothing. I was considering the 8.8, but there are some issues popping up with it now that make me nervous.

·
Registered
279 Posts
bigredjeep1 said:
Reguardless of the XJ-MJ axles being SUA or SOA, he has to put on perches so thats not an issue.

As for the d44 VS the 8.8.. im not looking to start a holy war again over this but the 1 spline difference is negligable, and its a dam Cclip axle.
Gotta love those ford yokes also! :rolleyes:

A XJ or MJ 44 rear may not be easy to find but an SJ set is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts