Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to post something.....bad shots....
I installed some Alcan springs this weekend and a OEM carb.

I just went out and "twisted it up" :laughing:

It works fine and the Alcans ride very good. I purchased them from GreenPig and removed the bottom two leafs. He had them overbuilt for extra weight capacity.

I got 3" of lift. Looks great with the 33's!

More later :D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Wilbur looks great nolen :)

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got back from a ride to Costco with Julie and Berkley.

The SM420 is a loud bitch!

I like the way it rides with the Alcan's. They are nice and smooth with my 33's at 20#.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nolen, That piggy looks so cool I would love to have one that clean. Maybe someday my 45 will be on the road and just as clean.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
it would look much better tooling around colorado with me behind the wheel:D

·
Registered
543 Posts
I always though my SM420 was screamin but it was the 3 speed case. When I dumped that it was much quieter at high speeds.
:D

Very nicely done

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Nolen, since it's going to be a long-trip, medium wheeling kind of rig, you should consider some thick rubber mats and perhaps even some sound-deadener on the tranny hump, it's amazing the difference it makes.

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
60seriesguy said:
Nolen, since it's going to be a long-trip, medium wheeling kind of rig, you should consider some thick rubber mats and perhaps even some sound-deadener on the tranny hump, it's amazing the difference it makes.
That or a 350 with a 700R4 :D

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Silly me, thinking of the low-budget option! :)

Yes, since driving TLC's 45 wagon project I've thought a 350+700R4 would be fantastic for an earlier wagon, it would make it SO much more drivable and enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
yea its amazing the noise that can come from a 3spd case, took mine out and replaced with a split case should be alot better.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks great!

As a fellow piggy owner I would extend the rear rocker protection out from the body a bit...

Trust me...I know why you should do this...even in a moderate wheeler.

I doinked my piggy on more than one mild ride just from wagging it's tail in the mud into a tree, or rock, etc.

Other than that...I hate you, it is a beauty!! :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If I build another cruiser for me, it's gonna be a FJ-55....Looks great!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I gotta agree with Dan about the armor... I have recently trashed my 55 body from excesive wheeling hear in B.C. where the trees are big, and plentifull... broke my heart... but now im lookin for an FJ-45 cab to go onto the frame with a custum "booty fabbed" box. Dont make the mistake I made... keep that piece of art work on the road where it belongs, dont get sucked in by the amazing wheeling attributes of the 55.... ITS A TRAP!!!

Cheers
Tyler
:fj:

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
WOW! Looks awesome. I want one so bad.

That is my next project. I was telling mace the other day, now that the 40 is done, I am on the prowl for a 55. Not one that nice, but still. :D

I had a 700r4 in the 85 Jimmy I bought. Once I bought the external module for the lock up, it was a great tranny. LD

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Drool:D

·
Registered
703 Posts
Clean Pig:smokin:

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
slowspeed said:
Very cool Nolen. Did you build your rear bumper? Thinking of doing the same with my 55..

:fj: and 2Fs forever
Talk to Rusty B on this board.
He is a GREAT fabricator!!!!!

He also bulit Grog's cage, and well, everyone knows how that holds up...
:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts