Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched, and got a lotta people wondering about wider wheelbase, spacer stability, back spaced rims and the like.... Nothing 'bout rubbin' the springs

I'm springing over my pig, and I already have a set of new 35X15.50 wide honkin' SX's. Do I have to worry about them rubbing my springs with a standard 15X10 deep, 4" bs rim? I've been trying to get a line on some rims with a smaller bs, but have been recieving a lot of resistance from the companies (Summit, NT&W).

Anyone run these tires on a pig before?

·
Registered
916 Posts
they will hit hat full turn all you need is a wheel with 3" backspacing and it should solve this but I would recomend 2" or 2.5" backspacing wheels if you are going to run it on the trail.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was afraid someone would say that. Gotta line on where to get those wheels?

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
My rig: 35x15.5’s SOA w/ one leaf pulled on the front for lower CG and increase flex. $%&$^& wide ass tires hit the frame as your turn lock to lock. If you don’t have Saginaw PS the left tire will kill your relay arm running from the steering gear box the center arm. Full flex rub on the inside of the rear wheel wells also.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My 35x12.50x15 BFG's with 2.5 BS rims do not rub against the spring at full turn and I have no steering stops as of right now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
helocat said:
My rig: 35x15.5’s SOA w/ one leaf pulled on the front for lower CG and increase flex. $%&$^& wide ass tires hit the frame as your turn lock to lock. If you don’t have Saginaw PS the left tire will kill your relay arm running from the steering gear box the center arm. Full flex rub on the inside of the rear wheel wells also.

Mark

Yeah, but all I can say is DAMN!...that's a sweet looking beast.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I got 36 x 14.5 on 15 x 10 with 3.5 bs and saginaw steering with 1/4 in. spacers on front and no rubs anywhere. spacers were a tie rod thing not tire rub thing.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I might be missing something, but I'll bet you'll be rubbing a bit on a 55...most of the above replies sure look like they are referencing 40s...

On my 55 with spring over and 2.5" b.s. wheels and 36" x 12.5" TSL, I do get a slight amount of rubbing on the front portion of the fender...now with 35" you probably won't...but I bet you might get some at the top edge of the rear fenders if you flex that bad boy out.

a little closer

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
TJDIV said:
Yeah, but all I can say is DAMN!...that's a sweet looking beast.
You should see the new blinging tires and roll cage that he has on his rig now :flipoff2:

·
Registered
179 Posts
On my 40 my 35x15.5 I don't know what the exact BS is but With full lock the corner of the tire GRABS the spring and stalls the motor. SO my cheep lazy butt doesn't turn it all the way!

Eventualy I will get lower BS rims but I take it easy for now.

E

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Mine rubbed in that exact same configuration. Not enough for me to really care, until it would get bound up somewhere and force the tire into the spring.

:eek: jinkies shaggy my cruiser sure was bling blingin back in the day. :laughing:

·
Registered
66 Posts
helocat said:

Mark

Do you need some help getting that thing back on the road????

Superdave

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
GreenWeeny78 said:
You should see the new blinging tires and roll cage that he has on his rig now :flipoff2:
Ya ya, Shad-uuyp. :flipoff2: (All: My rig is sitting on 27" shop tires now with the cage gone and just a "B" pillar in it) :(

We missed you on Sat. but I know you had those blouse bunnies visiting that distracted you from comming up. :laughing:

Mark

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
helocat said:
Ya ya, Shad-uuyp. :flipoff2: (All: My rig is sitting on 27" shop tires now with the cage gone and just a "B" pillar in it) :(

We missed you on Sat. but I know you had those blouse bunnies visiting that distracted you from comming up. :laughing:

Mark
Yeah that was a distraction along with drinking... gotta catch up from the summer :p

Hmm class at 2 p.m. tomorrow... $1 beers at tailgaters from 9 - 12... hmmm what to do on a tuesday night :flipoff2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts