Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time finding out if they (YJ front fenders) will fit a 1972 Jeepster Commando.

I know they are too long, but that's an easy fix. I don't know if they will mate up with my grille or not.

I'm trying to find someone who can confirm/deny this.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The 72's are bullnose commandos right? If thats the case they're not gonna fit. Completely different design...

·
Registered
222 Posts
they will fit. the body of the commando drops down a couple inches lower than the yj fenders, but if you cut the rockers out of the body and replace it with some sort of slider it looks good. this pic is a 73 bullnose commando

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smurison14 said:
The 72's are bullnose commandos right? If thats the case they're not gonna fit. Completely different design...
Which ones are the bull nose ~ aren't those grills look bubbly, meaning that they aren't flat, they curve?

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Snoopy said:
Which ones are the bull nose ~ aren't those grills look bubbly, meaning that they aren't flat, they curve?
The bull nose look like an early ford bronco

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is pretty common for people to swap out the 72-73 front clips with CJ front clips, make the commando look more jeep like. my long term plan is to get a 72-73 commando and put YJ/TJ fenders on it and then use the earlier grill and extend the earlier hood to fit the longer fenders. I've seen pictures of this being dobe with YJ fenders. So you keep the commando look, but get the longer engine compartment of the later models

1 - 10 of 10 Posts