Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a FJ-80 pitman arm fit a Toy IFS steering box <IMG SRC="smilies/question.gif" border="0">
Anyone know??
Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
I just went and took some measurements on the pickup and FJ80. I was wrong about the arm being flat. There is about a 1 3/4" drop compared to 2 1/2" for the pickup. Also the shaft dia. is 1.250"(fj80) and the pick is 1.250". The difference in size isn't much as they are both tapered but I don't know about the spilne count. I can try and get an accurate count if you want if the drop isn't to much for you. If it wasn't such a pain in the ass I would pull both arms and check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, i thought the FJ-80 pitman arm was straiter than that!, Do you guys know which model used a completely strait pitman arm? I know that one of the models used a strait arm, ive seen it before but cant remeber which one had it.
Does anyone know?
thanks guys,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by morpheus:
<STRONG>I put an FJ-60 arm on my old truck. Had the tie rod end hole re-tapered to fit the tie rod end i was using. Looks almost just like the FJ80 arm except it was lots cheaper ...</STRONG>
Was it any straiter, or did it drop the same amount as the others??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
I have seen a straight one, a while back, and asked the guy what it was from. I know for sure he said it is off a 2 wheel drive model truck . And it is some kind of "1 ton heavy duty box" or somthing like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
Originally posted by TANKOMA:
<STRONG>Will a FJ-80 pitman arm fit a Toy IFS steering box <IMG SRC="smilies/question.gif" border="0">
Anyone know??
Thanks,</STRONG>
I'm pretty sure it will, anyone know how much longer the FJ-80 arms is? Too bad the FJ-80 arms costs so much, at that rate a modified IFS arms is cheaper.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,224 Posts
Originally posted by TANKOMA:
<STRONG>Damn, i thought the FJ-80 pitman arm was straiter than that!, Do you guys know which model used a completely strait pitman arm?</STRONG>
It'll be a few days till I can check, but I thought that Downey had a straight arm, and I *thought* it was for the FJ80.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Hi Guys

It may be more than you want to spend however have a look at our pitman arm it has very little angle to it, will fit the IFS box and can be tapered to your specs. www.ottindustries.com

Rick
<IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: [email protected] ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,995 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
<STRONG>Hi Guys

It may be more than you want to spend however have a look at our pitman arm it has very little angle to it, will fit the IFS box and can be tapered to your specs. www.ottindustries.com

Rick
<IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: [email protected] ]</STRONG>
cool man, are you guys manufacturing that arm?
and do you have any pics of it installed?
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by [email protected]:
<STRONG>Hi Guys

It may be more than you want to spend however have a look at our pitman arm it has very little angle to it, will fit the IFS box and can be tapered to your specs. www.ottindustries.com

Rick
<IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: [email protected] ]</STRONG>
YES!! Thats exactly what im lookin for! <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce.gif" border="0"> How much are they, i NEED one badly! Oh btw, i need it with the GM taper.
lemme know
thanks <IMG SRC="smilies/wink.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,769 Posts
Will this make the D44 SAS work better? IS this for a "HY-STEER" setup?
i am asking since i am gathering parts for a swap and have just started gathering steering parts..... <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0">
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top