Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an oppertumity to get a lockrite out of a 10 bolt front really cheap. will this fit into my '02 1/2 ton IFS front? (the rear already has a factory locker)
buy the way, does any one know who makes the rear lockers that come stock?

·
Registered
636 Posts
well the only way to be realy shure would be to look up the bolt count and ring gear diameter and compar to the 10bolt. If everything matches its worht a shot.
I didnt know chevy put lockers in from the factory:confused:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It isn't going to fit in your IFS, and you can't get a locker from the factory. They call them "Locking Differentials", but they are just posi-traction. That is what I have in my Tahoe.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
the locker in question is the Gov-Loc.

it's basically a glorified LS (or a shitty locker, however you want to look at it). :flipoff2:

it works great for towing and very light wheelin, but it sucks on the rocks.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the most this truck will ever see is muddy construction sites and the occasional sand dunes. i am in the process of getting parts together to build a jeep for real wheelin

thanks
:usa:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the only problem with that is its an ez-locker, so i would have to get a carrier from an open and pull the spyder gears. think i'll leave the truck alone. messin with stuff is what the jeep is for.

like it says above, the factory one works fine for sand and towing, but it seems to engage a little hard at times.

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts