Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cummins 6BT 400HP, NV4500, and upgraded shaft dana 300?

If this T case will die, what would you replace it with?

Current parameters are:

Pass diff dana 60.
Vehicle weight about 5000lbs.
Need a place to pass big exhaust.
Would like more gear options/twin stick.
Currently have 241C Tcase.
Shorter T case length the better.
W.B. 103.5 currently. This can change somewhat.
Consider going to Pass dana 60.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
The stock thin cast case will break on a Dana 300, then the gear teeth if you have 32 spline shafts. Go with an Atlas or Lomax 205. IMO

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Chevy 205 now that is behind 465 trans. I never had twin sticks on a transfercase. Having them is something that I would like.

The most sensitive issue here is overall drivetrain length.

Putting in a lomax set in the 205 is definately something I would do if I went that route. I will have to go out and measure the 205 as I do not remember what the mounting surface to rear yoke measurement is.

The NV4500 I am using will have all the upgrades as money permits.

My ears are open to other transmission options. As it is, to run this setup I will have to change the diff gears from 4.56 to 4.10. Going non OD poses many other problems overall. Keep in mind I try not to drive like an absolute moron. SO hopefully things will not break for that reason, but I would like to pair things up to at least get a good start before I have to upgrade.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have a jeep with a 4bt with a sm465 dana 300. The first ride broke the rear output on a small hill. Put in hd outputs now no problem yet. But the 4bt is about 200hp at the most. I would say the 6bt will kill it!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the 4bt/SM465 combo on the streets? I was considering this combo, but cannot get the RPM's low enough where the motor wants them; They do not make the gearsets to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts