Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put 15"x10" wheels on my D-44 axle out of a 77 F-250. Will I be able to grind enough off to make it work? The wheels have a 4" backspacing. Recommendations please...

Going on my YJ, btw.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
Search.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does your axle have the single or dual piston caliper?

If it has the dual you will definately need to grind it. I ran with 2" BS and still had to grind a little.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have done it before on a chevy and it takes a while but it was possible. the caliper is thick as hell so you have alot of room to work with.....good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I bought the axle, it had been ground on already. About 2" in on teh caliper, 1/8" deep. I just don't want to buy some rims with 4" BS and find out I can't use them without using spacers.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Get da grinder out and go to town cuz.

Way fawkin off topic, but is that speed shop still open down the road from you in Independence? It says Mobile, AL But I grew up not to far from ya.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get da grinder out and go to town cuz.

Way fawkin off topic, but is that speed shop still open down the road from you in Independence? It says Mobile, AL But I grew up not to far from ya.
Yeah, still there. Clausen's Racing. You the same gumbojeepyj on the LA4x4 forum? You should stop in and say hi every so often:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts