Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 99 rwm 1500 4x4 QC 360 auto Short box, with 315/75-16's. can i tow my 26ft komfort that weighs 8k loaded and two bikes in the bed? ktm 300 and wr 200(girlfeinds bike)?

now don't try and ream me a new one i did do a search and there was a post the danced around my answer but never really did answer it. so i want the truth. i do have the heavy overload airbags and a class 4 hitch good to 10k.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Can you do it? Yeah... Would *I* do it? NO.

Seriously - that is a bit much for that truck...

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
That is alot of weight for that truck. Look on the door jam of the truck and find the GCVWR rating... That is the total amount of weight your truck can safely pull down the road. That number is the weight of the truck, trailer, bikes, your girlfriend, you, food, clothes, beer, gas, oil, the dog, everything.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Save for a new tranny also. Thats too much weight for that truck. I had a 2001 1500 QC 4x4 with a 318 and towed my 4runner and it did tow it but was hard on the truck. I wound up selling it and getting a 2001 2500 QC w/ CDT :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
No.

I towed a 6500lb trailer with my '99 1500 with a factory towing package (OD off) on two 300 mile trips. Now my torque converter is going out and will need a full tranny rebuild this summer sometime. Don't do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input, i have seen alot of guys with 1500's pulling fithwheels and other massive loads. my book says that i can tow a trailer that weighs 7200 lbs, so i thought that might be pushing it.

wish that i could jave bought the 2500 diesel, didn't have the cash, ah well just borrow my dads 99 diesel to tug that thing around!!!!

thanks agian:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts