Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am looking at a set of wheels and tires off a newer Tacoma for my Toyota 1985, 4x4 pick-up truck with manual hubs and 6 lugs. The specs on the new wheels I'm looking at are; 16x7, 6 lug on 5 ½" Can anyone tell me if they will fit?
I did a search but did not come up with any info on this. Thanks in advance and sorry for the newby question...

·
Registered
410 Posts
They will fit but the back spacing is different. They won't stick out as much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses :)!!

4runner Freak - It looks like probably the cheapest way to make them fit properly would be with the spacers?
Hold on to your seats, strap your seat belts on & start rolling your eyes up :rolleyes:, here comes another newby question... Is there a specific size spacers I need to get or are they all the same :confused:?

·
Registered
644 Posts

4runner Freak - It looks like probably the cheapest way to make them fit properly would be with the spacers?
Hold on to your seats, strap your seat belts on & start rolling your eyes up :rolleyes:, here comes another newby question... Is there a specific size spacers I need to get or are they all the same :confused:?
see how big a spacer you are gonna need to clear the rims. otherwise just go 1.5" cus you might endup needing that size for other purposes

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i have a set(4) of factory taco wheels off my 2002 trd extracab if anyone wants...$100..they have bfg MT's on them 275/65/16...the tries have a lttle life left in them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will I also need new (longer) lugnuts with the spacers?

jimbo74 - wow...great looking rig! What did you do to make those wheels fit?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You could use the Sky Toyota Solid Axle Widening Kit $229

Or do it yourself.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218389

or they(and lots of other people) have wheel spacers(I don't recommend spacers in general, but each their own) $79

So the answer is, No. Spacers should have their own lugs(unless you are running 0.5in spacers)

·
Registered
34,267 Posts

seriously?
are all ladders the same height?
How many ropes do I need to reach the moon, 1 if it's long enough
& you keep saying noob questions, so how about you post them in the noob section, that is the whole reason it's there............neat hu?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
seriously?
are all ladders the same height?
How many ropes do I need to reach the moon, 1 if it's long enough
& you keep saying noob questions, so how about you post them in the noob section, that is the whole reason it's there............neat hu?
finally a true pirate response.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
822 Posts
i believe the back spacing on 80 series landcruiser alloy wheels is such that they will bolt on with out spacers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts