Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THESE ARE THE SHACKLES I MADE, I THINK MINE ARE 1.5" OVER STOCK

Attachments

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
They look good! I made a set without the cross brace fro my cruiser. BTW, the military wrap on spring will do the most good on the fixed end of the spring.

-Brett

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEAH, SORRY ABOUT THE USELESS POST, I MIGHT MAKE A SET FOR WILLY AND YOU CANT ATTACH PICTURES TO PM'S SO...

YEH, I KEEP TELLING MYSELF I'LL TAKE THEM APART WHEN I PULL THE REAR AXLE THE FINAL TIME AND REDRILL THEM, BUT I MIGHT JUST WAIT TILL ONE BREAKS [ONE OF THEM IS A FRONT SPRING AND HASE A BENT MAINLEAF SO I'M JUST WAITING TILL I CAN GET A GOOD SET ;)]

·
Registered
173 Posts
those look great, matt. i really like the boxed center of the shackle. my front (oem, i think) have a little too much play in them. what's the diameter of the pins??

:D

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
YEAH, SORRY ABOUT THE USELESS POST, I MIGHT MAKE A SET FOR WILLY AND YOU CANT ATTACH PICTURES TO PM'S SO...

YEH, I KEEP TELLING MYSELF I'LL TAKE THEM APART WHEN I PULL THE REAR AXLE THE FINAL TIME AND REDRILL THEM, BUT I MIGHT JUST WAIT TILL ONE BREAKS [ONE OF THEM IS A FRONT SPRING AND HASE A BENT MAINLEAF SO I'M JUST WAITING TILL I CAN GET A GOOD SET ;)]
What if they break at a really bad time???

Just get off your lazy butt and redrill them...

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THE PINS ARE 9/16", IT'S A LITTLE BIT SMALLER THAN THE STOCK PINS, BUT THE CLOSETS MATCH I COULD FIND HERE, AND FINDING A GRADE 8 METRIC BOLT HERE IS IMPOSSIBLE

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jason M said:

What if they break at a really bad time???

Just get off your lazy butt and redrill them...

THEN I WILL LOOK UP AT THE SKY AND SAY "YOU WERE RIGHT JASON, YOU WERE RIGHT, AND BOW MY HEAD. :flipoff2:

AND I'M BUSY, NOT LAZY. IN THE LAST 3 DAYS I HAVE PULLED MY FRONT AXLE, TORN IT DOWN TO THE HOUSING, KNOCKED OFF THE TACKED ON PERCHES, CLEANED [WIRE BRUSHED, DE-GREASED, CARB CLEANERED AND SANDED AREAS THE WILL BE WELDED ON] [I HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE OIL IN THE PORES OF THE REAR AXLE AND HAD TO CUT AN RE WELD A FEW WELDS, SO I WANTED TO MAKE SURE IT WASNT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN] RE LAYED OUT AND POINTED THE AXLE, AND TACKED UP THE PERCHES. ALL THAT IS LEFT IS THE FRONT SHOCK MOUNTS AND IT WILL BE READY TO BURN OUT ON MONDAY WHEN I HAVE ACCESS TO THE SHOP AGAIN. SO :flipoff2:

OH YEAH, I CUT THE KNUCKLES LOOSE TO SO I CAN TURN THEM

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:
THEN I WILL LOOK UP AT THE SKY AND SAY "YOU WERE RIGHT JASON, YOU WERE RIGHT, AND BOW MY HEAD. :flipoff2:
BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

:laughing:

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
FIXXXXAH said:

LOL
Glow :flipoff2:

It is funny, when my spring broke I actually did yell into the sky "Dammit Jason!!!" Funny part is that I was not referring to myself..

Whne mine broke I was amazed at how easy it broke. No hard bash or anything. I was simply backing up in low range. Made me a believer on the spot. So I guess I get a bit dramatic about it sometimes.
Besides, I am full of Sh** ask Butch

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WELL, I DRILLED MY FRONT SPING PACKS THIS MORNING SINCE THE FRONT AXLE WAS OUT. MY EXPENSIVE 5/16 TITANIUM BOSCH DRILL BIT BAUGHT FOR THIS PURPOSE WASNT HAPPY AFTER ONE SPRING. THE DRILL BIT SHARPENER DIDNT HELP MUCH. THEN IT MET MY FRIEND BENCH GRINDER :D IT CUT LIKE A BIATCH AFTER THAT!! GUESS I'LL DO THE REARS WHEN THE REAR AXLE COMES OUT AGAIN...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts