Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Jason Payne's memorial tribute in Bakersfield.
It's worth a new thread.
It was hosted by one of his close friends and was nicely done with lots of pictures and other interesting details about his wheeling life. His large circle of friends enjoyed plenty of "Nilla" cookies and root beer, Two of Jason's favorite snacks.
There is more organized info at http://www.jasonpaynememorial.com/

The first pic is Jason's mom, Debbie (center)
His father, Kenneth in the next pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Payne....peace be with you. I hope that this saying I once heard fills your hearts like it does mine.

"Your children are true reflections of the Parents."....My son is only 19 yrs. old and I raise him alone....anytime a friend comments on him as a "good boy" or that I've done a good job...it puts tears in my eyes.

I'm not perfect....Corey knows that ...it's about the "old school" things...my Mom and dad did that show me respect, honesty and treat others the way you want treated.....

I know for fact...Jason wheels' with wings now. Great job Mom and Dad!!

Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
534 Posts
God Bless, and as said above, how many of us could expect a letter from the Mayor? That goes to show what type of person he was. Thanks or the pics

·
Registered
872 Posts
This is sad to hear. I remember Jason from Offroad.com 8 or 9 years ago.. Terrible loss.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
thanks for the pix JR.

and thanks to esteban and his family for hosting the event. a bit warm, but it was great to be around his friends and remember the good times we had together.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for posting Bro.
-the other JR

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks again Esteban for opening up your heart and your home. Even though there were a lot of new faces everyone was super friendly and I felt at home. Thanks again and look forward to meeting more of your guys.

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wished I would have brought a notebook to write peoples names down so I could apply them to pics - I'm terrible with names. I knew some people's names but I didn't want to name some and leave others out. Anyway, I bet 60 or more people came and went the time I was there. Yeah, Jason had lot's of friends

Estaban, thanks again for hosting the remembrance, You, your family and friends did an incredible job!

Bro, I plan to see ya soon!

And, thank you mod for fixing my pics! :D

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Didnt know him at all but for some reason those pix made me feel sad....

·
Registered
578 Posts
J.R. It was nice meeting you. If you want to add names to your pics I can help you out with that.

Here is the pic of the hood after everyone signed it on Saturday.

And not only did Jason make a lasting impression in my heart, He as made a lasting impression in my front yard. :2thumbs: Cracker gave me the good idea of making stepping stones out of cement with these as molds. Off to Lowes I go. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts