Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Win a TJ for $3.00 a chance!

It's the 2003 Colorado Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs's Raffle Vehicle!

Go to the Official Page for more information on the vehicle, the organization and the event. Drawing to be held in October.

Updated title to say '$3 a chance'.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope

1248bullitt said:
stock drivetrain and suspension (besides bolt on lift?)?????
Nope. It will have a SYE in the NP231 xfer case, custom CV drive shafts from Tom's, a ford 8.8" rear axle, new lower ratio ring and pinion gears, ARB lockers, Crane diff covers, 6" Superlift (which is complete suspension replacement - control arms, springs, mounts, bump stops, track bars, etc.), a HD steering conversion from Spyder Customs, and quick disconnects from JKS.

It's all there, kinda hidden, in the supporting vendors list.

Hopefully I'll soon finish the story write up, which will contain how it's built and what's in there in a nice written format. Until then, people will just have to do digging through the vendor list to see what has been donated (and thus installed).

·
Registered
207 Posts
batavus - is your name supposed to be the moped/road bike manufacturer from the Netherlands?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
kinda sucks, minimum order on tickets is $15 worth:rolleyes: so much for winning it w/ 3 bux:shaking:

~Nate~

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CaptainFleXJ151 said:
batavus - is your name supposed to be the moped/road bike manufacturer from the Netherlands?
Well son of a motherless goat! You're the first person to ever put that together. I've been using that name for over 9 or so years online. Yep, you're correct. I used to have a Batavus road bicycle and just out of the blue started using that name online during my college years, for lack of brains to come up with something better. It just stuck and I've used it ever since.

Kudos for you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Nate said:
kinda sucks, minimum order on tickets is $15 worth:rolleyes: so much for winning it w/ 3 bux:shaking:

~Nate~
Well. In person you can buy a single ticket for $3. But that's local in CO. Online it is set to a minimum to make it worth the while to process the orders (I can't automate it online with paypal or credit/debit purchases - raffle sales in that manner is against the law, considered 'gambling'). So you're right. I should state it 'Win a TJ for $3 a chance!' to be more accurate for out of CO state people. Sorry about that, still more than worth it for the chance to win it.

Consider it this way, if all tickets went for the full price of $3 each (assuming no-one took us up on the offer to buy 10 tickets for the discount of $25) and we sold $80,000 worth of tickets, that's 26,667 (rounded up) tickets. If you just bought 1 in person in CO, that 1/26,667 chance to win the thing. That's WAY better odds than slots in vegas!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Big Nate said:

~Nate~
What? $15 bucks? That's outrageous! I won't pay!:p

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
$15 and your pissed about it? Hell that's not a bad deal and your helping them out. Folks need to understand this is done as a fundraiser. Yeah it's gereat you have a chance to win something but your helping these folks out and in this case it's folks that help keep trails open and represent wheelers in decisions that could effect what you can and cannot do with your 4x4.

The only thing I hate is they stuck all the sponsor stickers on the soft window's. I would have stuck them to the body. you can warm them up and get them off and wax the adheasive off.

Hell I'm buying in on that. If I win then awsome. If I don't well then I know my $15 went to help them out.

Guess your going to get real pissed when my club raffles a restored CJ5 converted to FI For $50 a shot later this year.
http://www.gbr4wd.com/

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WRONG! ;)

The stickers are not on the soft windows. We have lexan panels wire tied to the rear roll cage BEHIND the windows. So there are NO stickers stuck to the rear windows, and the front window stickers are placed with scotch tape.

So nya! :flipoff2: :p :D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
do you have to be present to win it? i live in GA and want to enter but don't want to send the money and have to be present to win...

later yall

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stRanger said:
do you have to be present to win it? i live in GA and want to enter but don't want to send the money and have to be present to win...

later yall
Good question. The answer is 'nope'. You do not have to be present to win. If you reside within Colorado, the vehicle will be delivered to you. If you are outside the state, you will be responsible for picking up the vehicle.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
batavus said:

Site was temporarily down. Try it again, it's up (just tested it).
no its not :(
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings

1 - 20 of 30 Posts