Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Bmf24 said:
figure 8 knots are pretty qucik and easy to tie once you learn how. its the knot used the most in rock climbing. i have taken a couple good falls and always been able to untie the knot.
I used to teach climbing, and quickly learned the vast utility of the bowline knot...
couple times I had to cut myself off the line w/figure 8's... but that's taking 10-15 footers about 50x a day... never had any trouble with 8's on hard days climbing in or outdoors.

I would prefer not to use an 8 on anything that was really getting torqued, just in case.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
bspencer said:
good illustration Gil.........but you think it would work in rocks? :D
in rocks you toss a tree saver or tow strap around an outcropping, or hammer the rebar inbetween :D

not like you would know about rocks anyway :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently am giving this a try. I tested it out today using 3 4ft rebar posts and 6ft of chain and a slip hook connected to my come along to pull a log. I'm just a little weary of this actually being able to get my truck unstuck from the mud. Do you use this for 4x4?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I currently am giving this a try. I tested it out today using 3 4ft rebar posts and 6ft of chain and a slip hook connected to my come along to pull a log. I'm just a little weary of this actually being able to get my truck unstuck from the mud. Do you use this for 4x4?
did it pull the log? or did it explode and kill you? why are you "weary" of it?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Sort of surprised I didn't see any mention of the Pull Pal winch anchor. Less it be the expense of it. It isn't exactly cheap. Nonetheless, as much solo back country wheeling as I do, I have one secured to the rear roll bar of my Jeep. Only used it a couple of times. Once to get me out of a spot, once as an anchor to hold me winching out another rig. It works like a champ!

http://www.pullpal.com/

21 - 25 of 25 Posts