Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a preowned quick mount Ramsey winch. It looks like the cable have never even been spooled out. The kicker is the 12' remote has a couple of cuts in the wire. One of them has about 1/8 inch of insulation missing. Is it possible to put a new cord between the plug and remote? Or should I just upgrade to the wireless remote? JC

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
why dont you just heat shrink it and reapir the issue?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Yes, I found that 14 gauge extension cord works nicely. Any thing bigger probably wont fit through the gromet in the remote and whinch connecter.

Later,
Jason

·
Hello Govna
2,878 Posts
Wicked_S10 said:
Yes, I found that 14 gauge extension cord works nicely. Any thing bigger probably wont fit through the gromet in the remote and whinch connecter.

Later,
Jason

=======

14 ga wire's a bit over kill. :rolleyes:

but, as long as it works for ya

like the jerk said, repair it and heat shrink it, done. remote control is nicer though.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i have a good used remote 35 plus shipping

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
extension cord works very nicely. I used about 20-25 feet of it to replace the wire on my remote becuase it was cut off at the handle. a little long, but I figure if I'm using the remote that means I want to be away from the winch, so that'll do it. wired panel inside the cab works the winch also, no more tangled ass reemote drapped over the hood.

-Scott

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the advice. I have a new friend that has solved my problem.
Ramsey Rules!! JC

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,393 Posts
I take it you got one fo free or dirt cheap?
Right on for you... and Good on ya Ramsey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts